October's LAN Party Extravaganza

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to play BF1942 straight up, no mods. Maybe a couple user made maps thrown in to mix it up. Lilkev, if you know any good user made maps I should look at since I'll be running a server, post the names and I'll check them out.

I was never a fan of Desert Combat, it always seemed weird playing it. But now we have Joint Ops if we want modern combat. ;)

Dragon

I still have 2 of your tables and my 2 tables to get back up to your house

Figured maybe I could coordinate something with Heather on my day off to pick up the tables!

I will be in town this weekend just let me know.

Ok, gotta get permission for the van.... Friday night is bad, how about Sat 6pm-ish?

Also, check out this manual for that switch I was telling you about!!! Also, spec page.

Also, there are NO FANS in it!! ;)

Spoke with ellilion last night and should be able to make it. Up for some bf1942 myself. Or even try the bf1942 maps made for bfv.

Sweeet!! Thats 9!! ;)

Guest Major_Chaos
QUOTE (ellilion @ Aug 26 2004, 01:53 PM)

SWEET!!!!!!!! I'll be there it's my birthday so the wife can't say I can't go, Hopefully 

Sounds like a birthday request to me!!! 

Yeah, we'll have to do something special ;) . B)

Dragon

I'm all clear for that weekend, and I'd be happy just getting to play some BF1942 on my B-day(I'm pretty easy to please). Oh B.Ob. if you want I can try to come earlier and bring my server box too. Not sure if it will be needed but it wouldn't be much hassle to bring it with me. I already have some D- servers downloaded for it and it does have a gigabit NIC in it also, I also have an 8 port SMC gigabit switch if needed too. ;) plus on a side note I ended up with 2 extra gigabit NICs (zonanet) descent cards they have support for jumbo frames and if anyone was interested I'd sell them for $10/each(paid $17 but now they are just sitting here unused).

i'll take one of those gigabit nics if they're not already spoken for

I also have an 8 port SMC gigabit switch if needed too. ;)

Hmmmm, not sure if you checked out the links I left in a response to PurSuiT (2 msgs above this). I hope to have this switch before the LAN party, which would put everyone on one of 2 switches. (Although I'm gonna have to buy some more Cat5e wire!!)

That should leave 6 gigabit ports and 21 Fast Ethernet ports for everyone, which I think should be good!! Your more than welcome to bring your switch!! More people might have moved to gigabit than I can cover currently.....

Major_Chaos one NIC is yours down to 1 left. I'll bring it to the LAN or if you want it sooner just PM me and we can arrange something.

B.Ob. just figured if you wanted more gigabit connections for the LAN, not sure how many people are using gigabit now but just wanted to offer the extra ports and bandwidth if needed. Dragon I don't know the specs of your server but mine is pretty crazy, I was able to sell off a couple of old systems and get some pretty hooked stuff for my server, hell even if I brought it some one could use it to game on,

Athlon64 3200+, 1 gig pc3200 ram, 9800se(refrubed), broadcom gigabit NIC, 2x160gb seagate sata drives(raid 0) I use it as a file server/game server/ dvd burning system and Game system if someone comes over and wants to play something. It can handle just about anything you throw at without batting an eye, I only have to reboot every other week or so, it has been running super stable.

I will be their. I have missed the last few. Dying to try Doom in a big multiplayer mosh pit. Also Far Cry would be fun again.

cha-ching, 10 and counting... ;)

Playing Doom3 with just fists is pretty fun too!!! ;)

Also, Dragon mentioned that he has the FarCry server issues worked out!!

B.Ob. just figured if you wanted more gigabit connections for the LAN, not sure how many people are using gigabit now but just wanted to offer the extra ports and bandwidth if needed.

More bandwidth is ALWAYS GOOD!! Also, it will be nice to have all the switches in a central place for a change! The more I read about that ASUS 1024P switch I'm getting, the more I drool... I've never played with a managed switch before, and may never want to go back.... B) If your curious about it, go to the above link, the download section (on the left side of the window!!) and grab this GigaX1024P User''s Manual (English) pdf file.

Dragon which MTA? GTA3 or GTA VC? I'll have to dig them out, I have both somewhere not sure where but somewhere. Doom 3 would be hooked, Doesn't look like Half Life 2 will be coming out before LAN party which sucks EBGames backed up the date till 11/01/04 and GameStop doesn't even have a date for it. I'm thinking will be lucky if it comes out before the end of the year at this rate, Can anyone say Duke Nukem Forever! :rotfl:

Guest Major_Chaos
Major_Chaos one NIC is yours down to 1 left. I'll bring it to the LAN or if you want it sooner just PM me and we can arrange something.

what town do you live in, i would love to get it asap, especially while I have a few bucks to pay you for it