WNY Gamers Club May LAN Event

I dont know guys, i still need to figure out how to build me a budget gaming pc

One way to handle this is to simply Upgrade your pc parts when U can, 1 piece here & another there, typically not all @ once unless U do what I do & save up over time & then go spend crazy.

-- Nem

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know guys, i still need to figure out how to build me a budget gaming pc

One way to handle this is to simply Upgrade your pc parts when U can, 1 piece here & another there, typically not all @ once unless U do what I do & save up over time & then go spend crazy.

-- Nem

I've always done that, except in this case I hadent upgraded from agp to sli/pci-e.

So now I need to get a new mobo, cpu, and vid card. Staying with agp would be stupid. So to stay in the game I would need to spend like 800 or more.

I believe Ill become a jigalo to make the extra cash. Giggidy.

Nascar is that Networkable.

Hmmm, not sure, never played it. Time to look at the website and see if they have any meanful info...

A nice 150 to 200 dollar graphics card would do wonders for you & likely hold you off till xmas time or later. Bad time to do the mega upgrade due to cost (x2 + mb+vga = $600+) and the fact new stuff is a couple of months away.

New stuff is always a couple months away, New AMD and Intel sockets will be the big ones. Right now is just like back during the 9700pro days, with an x1900 or a 7900 holding you out for a year or more on the top end and maybe even into the next gen of sockets. You will not see a real big need/push to upgrade until vista comes out possibly around June 2007. My feeling on it is that if you are going to upgrade do it now unless you want to wait until the end of the summer when the new boards and CPUs come out. But then you will just be upgrading in less then a year once again when vista comes out.

Either way! How did the May 20th event announcment get turned in to a upgrade thread? :D

How did the May 20th event announcment get turned in to a upgrade thread? :P

Hmmm, your scroll wheel is your friend.... :D nukm69 was looking for parts to fix his system.

Which speaking of, been meaning to do this:

(possible parts for nukm69)

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Processor - Retail - $114.00

ABIT AN8-V ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail - $79.99

SAPPHIRE Radeon X1600XT 100146L CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail - $149.00

Total = $342.99 + S&H

Keep in mind, those pieces would just be a stopgap measure.

Oh, if there is a Sabres game on TV this Sat, then it will be on the projector!!!