WNY Gamers Club May LAN Event

Helping bob out and throwing this post up! :)

WNY Gamers Club May LAN Event

Saturday May 20th

starting at 2pm

WNYG has tables/seats for approx 26+, so if you let Bob know your coming, he will be glad to guarantee a spot. There will be the usual pop & chips, with pizza and wings to follow.

Feel free to pass this invite along....

151 Ames Ave

Tonawanda, NY 14150

838-5115

Directions: Get off the I-290 at Niagara Falls Blvd (going south)

- take a right at the third light (Glenalby)

- follow this down past the school

- take a left one block past the school, that is Ames

- we are the first house on the left, white house.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a cover?? I don't own Quake 4..........

Unless you want some of the pizza or wings we get, there is no cover. If you do, I ask for $5.

This time we are also going to be playing some Quake 4 CTF, with the NEWEST PATCH if it is released by then.
Since when? Thought we just played what the mob wants to play :( .

Unless you want some of the pizza or wings we get, there is no cover. If you do, I ask for $5.

Usually I just stand over you with a baseball bat till you hand over the $5. B)

Dragon

This time we are also going to be playing some Quake 4 CTF, with the NEWEST PATCH if it is released by then.

Since when? Thought we just played what the mob wants to play :( .

Nah, we normally just play what every one person is willing to install/help out installing/trouble shot/pactch/test/run server for/ect for everyone else. Atleast those LANs seems to work out the best. Unlike April's LAN where we let everyone fend for them selves and it was kinda crappy, excluding 4 to 5 hours of FEAR. This time I am willing to scacrafice my time to get a nice game of CTF going in Q4, which I so should have done in April. :spank: My bad, that I wish to make a right! :evil:

dnf.jpg???

Gotta put the words: "I BELIEVE" underneath that picture. Just like it was a UFO....

Im in B) Not sure what to play anymore. Still BF2 Spec Forces fan :(

We should pick a game that we all agree to throw in on around say 5-6'ish, Commit to that for about 3-4 hours and let everything else fall into place before and after. That gives plenty of arrival and setup time before the "main event" kicks off. Everyone who's set can get in thier favorites before and after. My experience is that at any lan not just wnygamers, you only get one "good game" going for the majority. The rest tends to be a disjointed gathering of mini lans :) Focus on one, pick the appropriate patches, or demo versions if we try a demo, and everyone has it installed and ready to go game day (pipe dream i know). But if 4 or so people spend some time with it before game day we'll know enough of the quirks to get everyone up to speed fairly easily.

As a side -> I personally like to know what im doing in a game before taking my not so uber skillz to a lan. I mean a lan is an opportunity to match up against others and I hate being the "pwned" n00b in a game ive never played. Give me one solid game that most will commit to for a decent time period so I can learn the basics before I throw down. Everyone who's really trying and excited about a game makes it so much more fun.

So whats the word bird ? :popc:

Edited by WarSpartan

Hmmm, perhaps a poll would be in order. But then you get people that vote that won't make the lan, or people that will make the lan, but not vote.

Hmmmm, looking into my mystery ball, I'm thinking Quake 4 with the 1.2 patch.

Opinions, comments?