WNY Gamers Club May LAN Event

Hmmmm, looking into my mystery ball, I'm thinking Quake 4 with the 1.2 patch.

Opinions, comments?

So I really need to comment on this? :(

Even at most Q4 DM and CTF will only fill about 4 hours max. but it will be a joyous 4 hours.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, perhaps a poll would be in order. But then you get people that vote that won't make the lan, or people that will make the lan, but not vote.

Hmmmm, looking into my mystery ball, I'm thinking Quake 4 with the 1.2 patch.

Opinions, comments?

Looks to me like we got Crack4 addicts in our ranks, so I guess I'll have to install this game again afterall.

Other games I'm definitely up for are BF2 ( thanx 2 Dragon!! ), FEAR, SS2, LOTR2

-- Nem :(

Q4 goes back to basics with rockets and gibs...just the way it should be. Please dont put any mods on the server that spawn everyone with 2000 health, all weapons and 1000 ammo :bonk:

Q4 goes back to basics with rockets and gibs...just the way it should be. Please dont put any mods on the server that spawn everyone with 2000 health, all weapons and 1000 ammo :bonk:

Correction... if U add those MODS, set it so that ParoxysM can't use them :evil:

-- Nem

That's basically the issue I had with UT last month...everyone else was using brightskins but me. My client wouldn't download the package. Plus the unlimited weapons/ammo is ghey imo. Defeats the purpose of collecting, which would piss me off if I was a map designer too.

soapbox.gif

That's basically the issue I had with UT last month...everyone else was using brightskins but me. My client wouldn't download the package. Plus the unlimited weapons/ammo is ghey imo. Defeats the purpose of collecting, which would piss me off if I was a map designer too.

soapbox.gif

Good points there. I'm not much of a fan of MODS for FPS games myself, kinda spoils the feel of accomplishment when U finally nail that target that has been dodging U all that time & U have nearly no ammo left.

-- Nem

I spent the night LAN'ing Q4 last night and i hate to say it but - it got a little boring real fast B) I think Ive gotten spoiled on the goodness that is BF2 Spec Forces. Open maps, manuevering, vehicles :) However I will suck up a few hours of Q4 if i have too :( It wasnt that bad really, Im just not into having to "make ciruits" on the map ad nauseum while popping a couple frags along the way.

I was just playing the basic install - are there new maps witht he 1.2 release ?

As per quake.com.

"The full 1.2 update will bring ANY previous version of the game completely up to date, and it includes the 4 new professionally made multiplayer maps as well as the QUAKEMAS multiplayer map pack."

Think the Quackmas Pak added 3 other maps, so 1.2 adds 7 new maps. Also there are a few maps that are not inluded in the rotations lists unless you edit your config.

Current Server is up: Quake 4 v1.2 w/ voting on, listed as "WNYGamersClub.com" if you sort by name (IP is 69.161.120.160)

I see Quake4 at BestBuy this week for $29 for anyone that has not picked it up yet, but would like to.

As I walked thru Target, I see the price of $29 there also, so no excuses for anyone not to have this MP game.