November's LAN Party Extravaganza

B.Ob.

Here is a small list of games, and what you should be patched to if you have them:

F.E.A.R v1.07

Unreal Tournament 2004 v3369

Battle Field 2 v1.4

HalfLife 2 Death Match (update on steam)

Quake 4 v1.3

Counter Strike: Source (update on steam)

Prey v1.1

FarCry v1.4

That bob actually looks like a pretty complete list.

Only others Might be

Toca 3 v1.0 (v1.1 not working for LAN play masses)

FlatOut2 (Not use of the Patch that is working)

Company of Hero's v1.2

Might want to save that last one just for Novemebers LAN so we have more time to play.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WNYG needs to find their niche.

Since the BF2142 demo goes public this Saturday, looks like we found our niche!! B)

36 signups, 4 days to go and my Gaming PC needs to have windows installed on it. arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :o

How do U think I feel... I now have a bad mobo, so that's being RMA'd, so now I have a new mobo coming in to hold me over till my defective mobo gets replaced, so I'll be reinstalling everything again the day b4.

-- Nem

So Buffalo got dumped on with snow, are the plans still in place to hold the LAN Party? I heard you guys really got it good w/ power outages and such - which is very likely why no one has said anything about this yet!!!

Well let me know if the LAN is still happening this weekend, if not let me know!

Thanks guys!

*** BUFFALO SNOW UPDATE ***

Well for those who aren't in Buffalo right now, I called up the number on the site and talked to someone important enough to tell me they have no power right now, the NY State Throughway is closed, and we really don't know at the moment if by tomorrow things will be cleared up. I'd imagine the the Throughway to be cleaned up by tomorrow but, the power seems like it might be the biggest problem so I'm planning on give them a ring tomorrow morning and will post a bigger update but I'm not going to go unless I know for sure they've got power and the LAN is going to happen (as much as I'd love to get stuck in Buffalo!).

So there's the latest update for the LAN Party (ironic how someone who has never shown up to a previous event is posting this -- gotta love the internet!).

Good luck everyone and you can expect a post from me in the morning.

Morgan

The LAN has been cancelled due to the bad weather and the power outages accompanying it.

Please check back here for further updates as we are trying to get one at the same venue in the near future.

-teh staff

Thanks for posting about the cancelation guys. Yes, we did cancel the event. Hopefully no one showed up there today expecting a lan. If so, we're sorry as it would have been hard for us to get a hold of eveyone coming or that planned on coming when the staff didn't have net access or power.

For those that paid for this event, we'll work something out with you once all the staff is back onboard, hopefully within the next couple days.

On a side note, I did loose net access till, well about now. I did have power the whole time though, which was nice. Driving around the past 2 days plowing, there's a lot of area without power. The town of Orchard Park is pretty much trashed, lines and trees down everywhere. As is pretty much everyother place.

If you can read this, stay home, relax and have a beer on me. :o

Dragon

This weekend was the SuK! not only with the power outages, but having to move outta our apartment also by sunday. Today I got the calls from Verizon and Time Warrner that the earliest appontments are in Mid-November for hooking up my TV, phone and internet.

Well gang, I'm still w/o power & have been since Friday morning between 5 - 5:30am. Thankfully I still have running water & gas AND a grill, so I can @ least cook a warm meal. I've also been off from work for the last 4 days, which is why I haven't posted till now due to being @ work again. As for me, I'm still in one piece, so I'm looking forward to our next Lan Party event.

I sincerely hope everyone is doing well & nothing too drastic has happened to U.

Listening to the radio, since that's the only device I still have that works thanx to the marvel of batteries, I can't help but be blown away by the sheer idiocy of the people calling in on the talk shows TRYING to compare this event to that of Katrina... I'm sorry, this is NOTHING compared to having your home flooded and/or washed away & everything else that happened down there w/ the after effects still being felt. What happened here is really nothing more than a inconvenience compared to that.

The amount of damage caused by the weight of the heavy, wet snow was pretty extensive in my neck of the woods. I have a rather LARGE tree in my backyard, now which most of it is lying ON my backyard. It's quite an experiencing to hear that sickening, tearing, splittering sound & then a loud CRASH, BANG & BOOM as tree parts & whatnots fall to the ground.

Now, I'm sure we all have a story or two to share regarding our experiences w/ this wonderful weather of ours, so feel free to let us know them. I'll be posting mine later.

Go HERE to tell us your story.

-- Nem