November's LAN Party Extravaganza

B.Ob.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys need more publicity like when Tribes Vengeance came out and we were playing the beta at the LAN - TribalWars.

WNYG needs to find their niche.

Certainly an interesting thought.... It certainly is difficult to be all things to all people.

You guys need more publicity like when Tribes Vengeance came out and we were playing the beta at the LAN - TribalWars.

Well WNY Gamers Club started in 1999 @ Bob's Apartment (heated floors and all) with UT and I am always down for a game of UT99 or UT2k4. Oh and Dragon needs to edit the video footage and place it on Youtube and Google Video from the LANs that may help :o

March LPE LAN party

FEAR is currently on the top of the list, so think we will be starting out with two FEAR servers @ noon (CTF and DM - 16 Player). That should allow ppl to be all installed before hand and patched (FEAR or FEAR Combat 1.07). Plus I know the server works and will be ready to go. Should allow for serveral hours of game play well ppl setup and arrive.

Will work on the rest of a tenative schedule with Bob, Nem and Dragon or anyone else that would like to chime in next week (hint: I have a few things going on this week/weekend). Suggestion or anyone with a working deticated server that would like to admin a game please post it.

Well WNY Gamers Club started in 1999 @ Bob's Apartment (heated floors and all) with UT and I am always down for a game of UT99 or UT2k4. Oh and Dragon needs to edit the video footage and place it on Youtube and Google Video from the LANs that may help :P

March LPE LAN party

Ahhh, heated floors, I still miss those in the middle of winter. But even with our flooding problems, I like the new place better!!

Setting aside a couple hours to UT99 might be a good idea!! :o

I was the one that posted that vid on Google Video. Kept forgetting to put it on YouTube, but was hoping for a new one.... *hint* Dragon

Tribes Vengeance Demo??

Oh, you were being completely blatant with your suggestion.... :doh:

I thought this would be all you: Video Strip Poker Supreme v1.06 Demo

But in all seriousness, we'll have to take a look at recent betas/demos and see what might fit peoples needs, wants and systems.

I really enjoy going to LAN's but in the end online gaming seems to be the most consistent way to get to play games you enjoy. Ive always hated dealing with lag and potential haxx0rs but what are ya gonna do.

On an oddball note -> Does anyone have any interest in playing a board game - Axis & Allies ? Doesnt have to be for the LAN, just wondering if anyone would have any interest in general.

Edited by WarSpartan

If there is interest, there is a sideroom that has a few round tables where this could be done.

Setting aside a couple hours to UT99 might be a good idea!!  B)

UT99? I'd have to steal your computer to play!

What the? Your computer would play UT99 fine, in fact it should play UT07 fine :o. Think we know who wears the pants in that family now! :o

Setting aside a couple hours to UT99 might be a good idea!!  :o

UT99? I'd have to steal your computer to play!

What the? Your computer would play UT99 fine, in fact it should play UT07 fine :o. Think we know who wears the pants in that family now! :P

Spoken by someone whom has had the pants pulled from himself as well.... B):P

Actually, I think she is just unsure if her PC will be there. Its not like my main pc, server and backup server could not run UT99 just fine.

Here is a small list of games, and what you should be patched to if you have them:

F.E.A.R v1.07

Unreal Tournament 2004 v3369

Battle Field 2 v1.4

HalfLife 2 Death Match (update on steam)

Quake 4 v1.3

Counter Strike: Source (update on steam)

Prey v1.1

FarCry v1.4