Adelphia Speed boost for powerlink

ellilion

Has anyone noticed the free speed boost adelphia has started? I have powerlink premier and had a upload of 512-564kpbs about 60-65kbs now it's at about 874kbps avg. about 95kbs upload speed. 50% speed boost WooHoo!!!!!!!! :bump:

If you have regular powerlink it's suppose to be a 33% speed boost, so 256kbps/30kbs upload should be up to around 342kbps/40kbs upload.

Not really sure about the download speeds, I rarely find a place to max out my download speed anyways the only sure fire way to tell would be downloading multiple files from different locations and take a total.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our's was sub-par til a few days ago!! I went to dslreports and got a 748kbps upload from the LinkLine!! B) I'll have to do more tests later!!! :)

Has anyone noticed the free speed boost adelphia has started? I have powerlink premier and had a upload of 512-564kpbs about 60-65kbs now it's at about 874kbps avg. about 95kbs upload speed. 50% speed boost WooHoo!!!!!!!! :bump:

If you have regular powerlink it's suppose to be a 33% speed boost, so 256kbps/30kbs upload should be up to around 342kbps/40kbs upload.

Not really sure about the download speeds, I rarely find a place to max out my download speed anyways the only sure fire way to tell would be downloading multiple files from different locations and take a total.

Adelphia is globally adjusting EVERYONE's speeds for the better now. For those of us who had just the NON-Premier speeds, we are now getting Premier speeds. For those who had Premier, U are now getting FASTER speeds. The Freedom Internet Security software now is fully unlocked for everyone, so the Spyware/Parental Control features which were originally ONLY offered @ Premier lvl is now open to all.

Enjoy!!

-- Nem

Has anyone noticed the free speed boost adelphia has started? I have powerlink premier and had a upload of 512-564kpbs about 60-65kbs now it's at about 874kbps avg. about 95kbs upload speed. 50% speed boost  WooHoo!!!!!!!!  :bump:

Adelphia is globally adjusting EVERYONE's speeds for the better now. For those of us who had just the NON-Premier speeds, we are now getting Premier speeds. For those who had Premier, U are now getting FASTER speeds. The Freedom Internet Security software now is fully unlocked for everyone, so the Spyware/Parental Control features which were originally ONLY offered @ Premier lvl is now open to all.

Enjoy!!

-- Nem

Cool, so what are the new Up-to-speeds for Premier? (the website still says 4Mbps down and 512kbps up)

Why is it that I'm not surprised you HAVE to know what the speed boosts are?!?! B)

I'll chk into it & let U know since I can't think of them right off the top of my head right now.

-- Nem

Why is it that I'm not surprised you HAVE to know what the speed boosts are?!?! :)

I'll chk into it & let U know since I can't think of them right off the top of my head right now.

-- Nem

Yeah, I'm funny like that..... B)

You make me sick :) . I can't test the speed at dslreports.com since its down but I tested the dl speed at a couple other sites and got an average of 1057Kbps. I'll wait for a final verdict from dslreports.com when its back up though. Other sites always seem a little flakey and not consistent. B)

Dragon

You make me sick :) . I can't test the speed at dslreports.com since its down but I tested the dl speed at a couple other sites and got an average of 1057Kbps. I'll wait for a final verdict from dslreports.com when its back up though. Other sites always seem a little flakey and not consistent. B)

Dragon

your modem might have to reset and reprovisioned, my was real flakey for awhile and called them and they hooked me up been running great since.

Why is it that I'm not surprised you HAVE to know what the speed boosts are?!?!  :lol:

-- Nem

Yeah, I'm funny like that..... :wacko:

Nudge.... B)

Why is it that I'm not surprised you HAVE to know what the speed boosts are?!?!  :lol:

-- Nem

Yeah, I'm funny like that..... :wacko:

Nudge.... B)

Hey now, I didn't forget, I just left the sheet w/ the info @ work till now. Here's the 411 on the speeds...

Old Residential Speeds: 3000 Mbps Down / 256 kbps Up

New Residential Speeds: 4000 Mbps Down / 384 kbps Up

Total Email storage went from 70mb to 100mb

Old Premier Speeds: 4000 Mbps Down / 512 kbps Up

New Premier Speeds: 6000 Mbps Down / 768 kbps Up

Total Email Storage went from 70mb tp 150mb

Enjoy!!!

-- Nem B)