Adelphia Speed boost for powerlink

ellilion

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that I'm not surprised you HAVE to know what the speed boosts are?!?!  :lol:

I'll chk into it & let U know since I can't think of them right off the top of my head right now.

-- Nem

Yeah, I'm funny like that..... :wacko:

Nudge.... B)

Hey now, I didn't forget, I just left the sheet w/ the info @ work till now. Here's the 411 on the speeds...

Old Residential Speeds: 3000 Mbps Down / 256 kbps Up

New Residential Speeds: 4000 Mbps Down / 384 kbps Up

Total Email storage went from 70mb to 100mb

Old Premier Speeds: 4000 Mbps Down / 512 kbps Up

New Premier Speeds: 6000 Mbps Down / 768 kbps Up

Total Email Storage went from 70mb tp 150mb

Enjoy!!!

-- Nem B)

Cool beans!!! Thanks for the info!!! B)

I checked dslreports.com and I got the upload but the dl still sucks to high hell. I'll have to try it again sometime tomorrow, but its a start. Might start my own server now.

I'm thinking of getting my own modem though. I was thinking of th SB5100. :rolleyes:

Dragon

I checked dslreports.com and I got the upload but the dl still sucks to high hell. I'll have to try it again sometime tomorrow, but its a start. Might start my own server now.

I'm thinking of getting my own modem though. I was thinking of th SB5100. :rolleyes:

Dragon

I would go w/ the SB5120, it's the newer model & is supposedly better than the sb5100. I haven't seen the proof of this yet, but it's what I've heard.

-- Nem

Dragon

I would go w/ the SB5120, it's the newer model & is supposedly better than the sb5100. I haven't seen the proof of this yet, but it's what I've heard.

-- Nem

PurSuiT and myself both have SB5100's. I love mine, syncs up REAL quick!! I think the 5120 is a exclusive thru ISPs only (rental only). I bought my SB5100 from BestBuy. I think PurSuiT got his SB5100 from Adelphia.

Dragon, what make/model do you have currently?

Dragon

-- Nem

Yeah I think I have to upgrade mine as well, I have an old SB3100 and the speeds are getting kinda of weird sometimes. I reset it and it will be fine for a day maybe 2 then my upload and download speeds start going all over the place. Nem maybe you would know but I heard my modem is just to outdated for the system they have running now but last time I called adelphia the guy I talked to chris(kinda of a weird accent maybe french or even indian) said he didn't think it was the modem or at least wouldn't admit it. I buddy of mine lives about a mile away and had same issues with same modem and they sent someone out and the guy said it was the modem being outdated. I just want to check before I call adelphia again, I would rather just go down to the office and swap out my modem than wait for a guy to come out to the house. Nem if you could let me know that would be great, thx in advance. :(

Here's my beast, Ericsson Piperider HM200c. I had the same one at the apartment but in blue. I have noticed that the lights on it have been going bonkers the past week or so. Almost like there's constant activity even when the computers are off. :rolleyes:

100_0056.JPG

Dragon

Dragon

-- Nem

Yeah I think I have to upgrade mine as well, I have an old SB3100 and the speeds are getting kinda of weird sometimes. I reset it and it will be fine for a day maybe 2 then my upload and download speeds start going all over the place. Nem maybe you would know but I heard my modem is just to outdated for the system they have running now but last time I called adelphia the guy I talked to chris(kinda of a weird accent maybe french or even indian) said he didn't think it was the modem or at least wouldn't admit it. I buddy of mine lives about a mile away and had same issues with same modem and they sent someone out and the guy said it was the modem being outdated. I just want to check before I call adelphia again, I would rather just go down to the office and swap out my modem than wait for a guy to come out to the house. Nem if you could let me know that would be great, thx in advance. :D

The modem is OUTDATED, bigtime. U have an older series that doesn't fully support the newer signal being sent out. The signal is DOCSIS 2, that modem doesn't really care for it. Hope that clears things up :(

This is what U want to look for from your local office AND I'm not saying that they will have them in stock when U go...

Motorola sb5100 and/or sb5120

Webstar Scientific Atlantic DPC-2100

-- Nem

I have a 3100 as well, but they as passing out refurbed 4100s currently if you call about an issue. Ill let you know when we can swap 'em out for something better.

Easiest way to see if U have a new Motorola sb5100 or sb5120 is the MAC, this is what to look for...

Motorola sb5100/sb5120...

00:0f:9f:xx:xx:xx

00:12:c9:xx:xx:xx

Sci-Atl dpc-2100...

00:0a:73:xx:xx:xx

00:0f:21:xx:xx:xx

Hope that helps gang.

Anymore questions?

-- Nem

Here's my beast, Ericsson Piperider HM200c. I had the same one at the apartment but in blue. I have noticed that the lights on it have been going bonkers the past week or so. Almost like there's constant activity even when the computers are off. :rolleyes:

Dragon

Hit the orange button :(

Well see, this is the problem, we're talking about Adelphia here. Even though a couple people that are members to this forum work for Adelphia and try and and do their best, Adelphia is still half-assed and retarded.

When things change with Adelphia, like service change, upgrades, price hikes, etc... we or at least I never hear about it until its already happened. Case in point my modem. Nem told me they were trying to get the modem out of the community and update those people that had one to something new. Does Adelphia keep track of who has these modems? Maybe. Does Adelphia send something to these people that have this modem and tells them that its becoming outdated and to call them or stop by an Adelphia office and have it replaced for free? No.

The only time I ever found out about stuff with Adelphia is when I talked to the people that worked there.

One good thing about this upgrade to service is IMO, it brings the service on par for the price we pay. B)

Dragon