Halflife 2

B.Ob.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya i finished it. Only took me like 4 days (normal work days)

great game, dumb ending like the first one - but maybe hl3 will be cool when its released sometime in 2020

the multiplayer is sweet, a bit laggy with so few servers running - but its still fun

we NEED to run a hl2 server at the lan

rather see a cs:s server, and the ending felt, to me, as if it fit in with the rest of the game

**spoiler**

wonder how much that explosion destroyed

**end spoiler**

the multiplayer is sweet, a bit laggy with so few servers running - but its still fun

I would suspect so.... Just gotta see why my machine chugs so bad with my own server at 1024x768 and NOT single player at 1280x1024.... :(

I would suspect so.... Just gotta see why my machine chugs so bad with my own server at 1024x768 and NOT single player at 1280x1024.... 

sounds like network lag :(

accually whats it doing maybe a quick tweek to fix that, is it when running the server or playing

some options to play with are, if playing:

rate 20000 (the total amout of packets to moved per second i think)

cl_rate 10000 (download)

cl_updaterate 20 (upload)

netgraph 1 or 3 (to show packet loss and choke)

and also aim fo a ping of 50 +/-25 ms

im not too fluent with server side commands

I would suspect so.... Just gotta see why my machine chugs so bad with my own server at 1024x768 and NOT single player at 1280x1024.... 

sounds like network lag :(

accually whats it doing maybe a quick tweek to fix that, is it when running the server or playing

some options to play with are, if playing:

rate 20000 (the rate of packets movement)

cl_rate (download)

cl_update rate (upload)

netgraph 1 or 3 (to show packet loss and choke)

and also aim fo a ping of 50 +/-25 ms

im not too fluent with server side commands

Let me give you the whole scoop. I run on a Barton 2500+ clocked up to 2.1GHz, with 1 Gig of DDR400 RAM and a 9800 PRO 128 video card and it plays AWESOMELY smooth single player at 1280x1024!! When I connected to my dedicated server, I was only at 1024x768.

I was running the dedicated server on a Barton 2500+ (not OC'd) with 1 Gig of RAM and some lowly ATI 9200 vid card.

Both machines are nForce2 Dual Channel ABIT m/b's and have Intel MT 1000 nics connected to the same 8-port gigabit switch. I think the lag # I was getting was 30. Just walking around the boards it chugged, It was sporatic, using the gravity gun didn't seem to make it better or worse.

When I disabled everything I could on the dedicated server, the CPU usage while I was chugging and not chugging never went up to even 5 percent....

With DM's current state, I can see why they didn't release it with the game... hopefully a new patch will be out and help before the LAN party!!!

umm lag on a network sould be between 5 and 15 mayhaps "opening the flood gates" on the server may help the the options i put in the prevous post may help, i think, by prssiballyt 9-ing them out with 9999999 in the console, just a thought like i said not to fluent with servers

also use the netgraph 3 option to check where the slowdown is

choke may be the line or the server, new cable, network card is set to the gigabit up and down, ect.

if the fps is stable then it is, most likely, not the hardware in client pc

Yeah, I can't remember if there were any GUI settings for lan speed in the dedicated server. Certainly something is causing it to chug, and there are plenty of CPU time and network bandwidth to feed the hungry server!! :(

Yeah, I can't remember if there were any GUI settings for lan speed in the dedicated server. Certainly something is causing it to chug, and there are plenty of CPU time and network bandwidth to feed the hungry server!! :(

most of that has to be done in the in the console, why would they make that easy for the server admin :P