WNY Gamers Club November LAN Event

I'm planning on coming barring unforeseen circumstances. That thing that really sucks is that I have all of my upgrades (DFI lanparty SLI AM2 MB, BFG 8800 GT 512, 2 gigs OCZ Plat 2) all ready to go, but my AMD 4600 X2 won't be here until next week. If anyone has any spare AM2 processors laying around collecting dust I'd love to test this rig out Saturday. If not, I'll have to wait till the December LAN. Can anyone help a brother in need?

I only have a spare 939 cpu hanging around, sorry. Maybe PurSuit or Nemesis.....

Glad your stopping by at least thou! :harhar:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning on coming barring unforeseen circumstances. That thing that really sucks is that I have all of my upgrades (DFI lanparty SLI AM2 MB, BFG 8800 GT 512, 2 gigs OCZ Plat 2) all ready to go, but my AMD 4600 X2 won't be here until next week. If anyone has any spare AM2 processors laying around collecting dust I'd love to test this rig out Saturday. If not, I'll have to wait till the December LAN. Can anyone help a brother in need?

I only have a spare 939 cpu hanging around, sorry. Maybe PurSuit or Nemesis.....

Glad your stopping by at least thou! :harhar:

I only got a spare 3800+ 939 right now...

Glad your stopping by at least thou! B)

I wasn't super optimistic on anyone having a spare. I did manage to make UT3 demo less Atari like though. I forgot that I hadn't unlocked my 6800 so I was running at 8/4 but I unlocked it and have it back to 16/6. That makes it semi bearable again. If I have to make due with this old POS, so be it. I'll still have a good time. I might have to make a run to the UPS office if the tracking info shows my processor is in town though :harhar: I'll bring the new components just in case.

Glad your stopping by at least thou! B)

I wasn't super optimistic on anyone having a spare. I did manage to make UT3 demo less Atari like though. I forgot that I hadn't unlocked my 6800 so I was running at 8/4 but I unlocked it and have it back to 16/6. That makes it semi bearable again. If I have to make due with this old POS, so be it. I'll still have a good time. I might have to make a run to the UPS office if the tracking info shows my processor is in town though :harhar: I'll bring the new components just in case.

So this will be about the 3rd computer you might be building at a LAN? :P

So this will be about the 3rd computer you might be building at a LAN? B)

This is only 3? I thought I was over that.

Heheh, even if you cpu is in town, if its sent UPS, they won't be delievering it Saturday, think Fedup is the same way. You might be able to call and see if you can go in and pick it up though. I did that once for some guitar gear I needed Saturday night for a gig once. :harhar:

Dragon

Good Times!!!! Thanks to all for some CoD4 and TF2 gaming goodness!!!

Call of Duty 4 was pretty good, graphics and game play are A+, then again the last 2 on the PC were great games also. The new game mods of MP are kewl, the bomb one seemed the best, after loading up CoD2 I noticed alot of the CoD4 game types are just modded types from CoD2. Game was ok, when I get a chance I will go through Single Player and I would play it again at a LAN in a heart beat. This to me was not the Game of the Year yet. Will have to wait to judge when Crysis (and I am not a over the top Farcry fanboy, but the game looks really good) and Unreal Tournament 3 comes out.

On a side note has anyone played Gears of War on the PC/LAN?

Good Times!!!! Thanks to all for some CoD4 and TF2 gaming goodness!!!

Call of Duty 4 was pretty good, graphics and game play are A+, then again the last 2 on the PC were great games also. The new game mods of MP are kewl, the bomb one seemed the best, after loading up CoD2 I noticed alot of the CoD4 game types are just modded types from CoD2. Game was ok, when I get a chance I will go through Single Player and I would play it again at a LAN in a heart beat. This to me was not the Game of the Year yet. Will have to wait to judge when Crysis (and I am not a over the top Farcry fanboy, but the game looks really good) and Unreal Tournament 3 comes out.

On a side note has anyone played Gears of War on the PC/LAN?

Crysis is not out in stores yet but somehow the "world of software/game pirates" already has it :) Came out yesterday.

Edited by sweet_tooth