WNY Gamers Club November LAN Event

Would think we would play the UT3 demo and TF2 and CoH???

Yeah, I would expect those to be the 3 most likely games to be played.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do note I said nothing of the kind about warez. Your interpretations are out of line. I did say extended demo yes, but what in the world do you call a demo that lets you play single player, unlimited multiplayer (unlimited hours, but restricted maps), and are up to 2 gigs or more in size ?!? If thats not "extended" I dont know what is. Especially considering that when I used to play demos a lot they were only about 400-700 mb's in size at MOST. Heck a lot of the games I have installed right now are in the 1-2 gig range - thats the FULL legit copy of the game !!! To me demo's nowadays are hugely extended.

"hugely extended but restricted maps"?!? Large size just means there lots of artwork assests of the game. But you don't come to LANs anymore so it doesn't matter.... End of story. Leave it at that. Yes, that means don't reply to this WarSpartan!

;)

When in Rome...

So be it.

I have the MP Beta and no it's not slughish for me. I just had to find the correct graphic settings based on my system which kept changing... I have found that 1280x1024 at high setting (not in my current crossfire as it is dumbed down to 256meg) using my 512meg x1950pro pci card runs it very nicely. Initially I was doing my normal thing and jacking the graphics up to the highest settings like all my other games.... Can't do that w/ Crysis as there are no video cards on the market right now that will handle Crysis at 100% high rez.

Edited by DaPoets

I have the MP Beta and no it's not slughish for me. I just had to find the correct graphic settings based on my system which kept changing... I have found that 1280x1024 at high setting (not in my current crossfire as it is dumbed down to 256meg) using my 512meg x1950pro pci card runs it very nicely. Initially I was doing my normal thing and jacking the graphics up to the highest settings like all my other games.... Can't do that w/ Crysis as there are no video cards on the market right now that will handle Crysis at 100% high rez.

I am running the single player @ 1680 * 1050 with everything on Ultra High cept 3 settings, can not remeber which ones off hand and it only shudders every now and then. Think mine is more of a RAM issue of only having 2GB, Will see once I get my 2 GB back from Cruical for the server, put the RMA in last night just need to send it out, then I can hopfully swap in the other 1 GB of XMS to get me back to 3GB total. That Vista patch link I send you seems to work nice, can alt tab outta BF2 no problem now. Have not tryed Crysis, though the demo was what directed me to that download after it installed.

Yeah, I gotta figure how why Crysis demo chugs with all high settings on my system. Its not like my system is lacking...

Probably one of those "ID10T" errors :P

-- Nem

Yeah, I gotta figure how why Crysis demo chugs with all high settings on my system. Its not like my system is lacking...

At least I've had the same cpu, motherboard and video card for nearly the past 2 years.... ;)

So I like to Upgrade, OFTEN, nothing wrong with that. At least I can say that I'M not having any slowdown issues unlike someone else I know when running Crysis... B.Ob.!!! ;)

-- Nem

Probably one of those "ID10T" errors :P

-- Nem

At least I've had the same cpu, motherboard and video card for nearly the past 2 years.... ;)