WNY Gamers Club November LAN Event

If some ppl have it by then, I'm sure they'll play it. Most of us on the other hand will just continue to play the free mp of FEAR, as its... uh... free so no reason to not have it other than its not your type of game. :D

Dragon

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does CoD 4 work like the last few where you can install it and do LAN play off of one DVD/CD? Dragon is right though, we play FEAR for the reason that it is FREE for anyone to play. Monthly LANs we are down for what ever, except baby sitting ppl through installs. :)

We don't know, you'll have to wait till Nov 5 to find out PurnSuit. :)

Dragon

Oh, so it is not even out yet... ...I am all down for playing it if you can get everyone to buy a copy before the LAN... and someone to buy me one also... ...I am out on this one as I need heat in the house before I need a $50 game. So one person that will be playing FEAR is right here. as it is FREE.

..........or maybe we can play Quake 4. Muhahahahahahahahahahhaha Ok enuff j/king CoH is fine...

Well, most of you guys know me and HL games. I really wanted to get a little more playtime with TF2 before I commit to buying a game I'll only play with you guys. The little time I had at the lan with Mikey really wasn't enough to get a good feel for the game. Guess either I'll bite the bullet and buy it blind or play on one of you guys' pcs.

I have been reading that Portal was really good. :)

Dragon

TF2 is "okay". If you like really really cramped maps and quake'ish type action but with weapons that are mediocre at best, then its your game :)

The only feature that i really liked about the game was that it has the HL2 button feature to switch between current and last weapon in a single click (q button). Best thing ever.

if you can get everyone to buy a copy before the LAN

So am I to understand that WNYG will no longer play games with folks who bring "extended demo" copies ? Not to sound too cheap but no all of us invest in full copies of the game before we try the "extended demo" a little to decide if we really like it. Since Ive seen the above quote type of comment a few times I wanted to know where the LAN's stand at this point. Since extended demos have been passed around freely at the lans in the past im currently confused or was unaware of the policy change.