April's LAN Party Extravaganza

B.Ob.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it will be on the TVs in the bar!

And YES.... Its Game Day!!! :)

Had a great time at your event, let me know when the next one is and ill plan more ahead this time. Let me know if you have any pics so i can post it on my site.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!! Yes, we have pics!! :)

Had a great time at your event, let me know when the next one is and ill plan more ahead this time. Let me know if you have any pics so i can post it on my site.

Glad you liked it, was kewl having you guys show.

Over all 38 show ups not to bad considering a play off game was on. I saw Halo 2 on the xBox's (looked like about a 8 to 12 ppl) for PC the games of the night where Battlefield 2, F.E.A.R, Flatout 2 and the filler game turned out to be Counter Strike Source instead of STALKER, oh and a couple of us did a few races in Need for Speed Carbon, also saw some Command & Conquer 3 rounds going on. Goes to show you can never total plan every minute of a LAN.

All in all it was a good night.

Supreme Commander, Tron2 and HL2: DM was making the rounds also!

Thoroughly enjoyable nite of gaming!! :D

Supreme Commander, Tron2 and HL2: DM was making the rounds also!

Thoroughly enjoyable nite of gaming!! :)

Forgot about Tron 2 that looked pretty kewl, never did get a chance to get in on it. :D

Yeah, I saw Tron 2 as well I wanted to try it out, BUT I totally forgot to with all that was going on. Everyone had a GREAT time there, can't wait till the next one. As for you Xbox peeps, THANX for showing up, it was a trip to watch & listen 2 U guys jamming away @ your games. Oh, thanx for the invite to play along with you, I will have to take U up on that sometime to as I enjoy Halo 2 as well. I so can not wait to see Halo 3 in action, as I'm sure U'll agree with me.

-- Nem

• 2 weeks later...

Going thru the lan equipment, I see someone forgot their power strip. Describe it and its yours!! If you like, you can pick it up at the next lan.

• 4 weeks later...
Goes to show you can never total plan every minute of a LAN.

You dont have to plan every minute. But having a good solid plan will maximize the gaming enjoyment and excitement had by all at the lan.

Take the xbox Halo 2 players for example. They do thier lans and came to this lan with a plan. They were going to play Halo 2. They were going to compete against each other. They practiced ahead of the time, knew the game, and thier equipment was 100% ready to go come lan day. So when they started playing they started playing right away, with everyone ready to roll, and they had a blast doing it. They were psyched, excited, ready to throw down. They planned to dedicate at least "x" amount of time to playing each other in Halo 2. In other words it was extremely good quality gaming.

They werent wasting any time deciding:

"so uh like what do you guys want to TRY today ?"

"does anyone have the patches?"

"do more than a couple people even have the game today ?"

"do we even know if the game has any bugs or quirks that would make it problematic at the lan ?"

"whys there 2 people playing game A, 3 playing game B, 5 playing game C, 6 people trying to get thier computers working, 4 people who cant connect to a particular game, 6 playing game D ? - all at the same time... shouldnt we all be playing in the same game togther for some riotous large scale multiplayer action ?" "isnt that the point of everyone coming together to play ?"

In the end no matter what you opinions are on what works and what doesnt I think we can all agree that 20 people all playing the same game at once is WAY WAY WAY more exciting and thrilling than 20 people spread over 4-5 different games at once (barring possible RTS game tournaments).

Also i'd say 90% of the games usually played for the "multiplayer" value are made to be competitive. The goal is to let people compete / fight with each other. Whipping out a game at a lan that most havent even installed yet, and are essentially clueless really defeats the idea of trying to compete. Its extremely difficult to make a good showing when you dont have the faintest clue and others do. Thats why announcing whats played ahead of time gives people a chance to try it out or at the very least find out what the games about. Then come game day - if its on the list and you dont know how to play it was your choice to get whooped up vs. showing up and having one tossed at you out of the blue and getting whipped up by default.

So no you dont have to play every minute. But it sure as heck is gonna be TONS more fun and exciting. Its a choice.

Edited by WarSpartan

Take the xbox Halo 2 players for example. They do thier lans and came to this lan with a plan. They were going to play Halo 2. They were going to compete against each other. They practiced ahead of the time, knew the game, and thier equipment was 100% ready to go come lan day. So when they started playing they started playing right away, with everyone ready to roll, and they had a blast doing it. They were psyched, excited, ready to throw down. They planned to dedicate at least "x" amount of time to playing each other in Halo 2. In other words it was extremely good quality gaming.

I do not remember you being there?! I might be mistaken! Also patching is not an issue on the xBox and 4 ppl playing per screen is not for me. Oh and there was more then the dudes playing Halo2, had a couple 360 dudes playing Quake4, Oblivian and a bunch of other games against each other. We did have a large issue with them signing up as most of them do not own a PC let alone an xBox. Them showing up was kewl as hell though!

In the end no matter what you opinions are on what works and what doesnt I think we can all agree that 20 people all playing the same game at once is WAY WAY WAY more exciting and thrilling than 20 people spread over 4-5 different games at once (barring possible RTS game tournaments).
Were you at the last 2 LPE's? That is one less in any game no matter how you look at it! We ALWAYS have FEAR Combat and it has been up the last 4 LANs

Thats why announcing whats played ahead of time gives people a chance to try it out or at the very least find out what the games about. Then come game day - if its on the list and you dont know how to play it was your choice to get whooped up vs. showing up and having one tossed at you out of the blue and getting whipped up by default.

I total agree on this, and we ALWAYS post the top 5 voted games a week ahead and it always happens 2 to 3 days before that someone hopes on the forums and says they did not like the line up of games and puts in their 2 cents on what should and should not be played. I also think ppl should have their games properly patched, this means owning a legit copy and being completely up to date/patched. This alone would cut out 85% of the issues we have at LANs. Nothing is more of a annoyance, then when we get a person coming up to us stating they can not get on a completely legit server with their "who knows where it came from and how it was patched warez's copy" of a game.

So no you dont have to play every minute. But it sure as heck is gonna be TONS more fun and exciting. Its a choice.

I like to game as well as organize and socialize also, it is not just a “MEGA GAMING EVENT”, it is also about seeing what ppl are up to, how their kids are doing, when is the next comp upgrade, it is human interaction, it's a party.

I find all your comments on the board I find to be very harsh, you talk about playing and getting everyone on the same page, then at the one house LAN you totally blow off the game we are all trying to play, granted you played it but with no real heart and when I brought it up, you seemed to get mad. Participation is 99% of these events and you are really being hypocritical commenting on it unless you are giving 100% to help the cause. LPE VIII in October we will be playing FEAR I am 100% sure, so be one of the 32 players on 2 servers to be there and make sure you are patched up, be part of the solution, we are listening, but change is slow.

• 3 weeks later...
then at the one house LAN you totally blow off the game we are all trying to play, granted you played it but with no real heart and when I brought it up, you seemed to get mad
Lets get one thing right and straight about that situation and that game. YOU wanted to play quake 4. I dont enjoy quake 4 BUT - i gave some of my gaming enjoyment to participate in a game YOU enjoyed, and to get a cohesive game going! I didnt just wander off and throw up a game server for someting else i would have been interested in - I agreed to play YOUR desired game with you. You know take your turns play the games others want to play and wait for your chance to play the games that really thrill you. The type of good willed mentality that lets everyone get a shot to play what they enjoy at the lans, and be able to play big thrilling games of it. That is doing the right thing at a LAN.

Participation is 99% of these events

Now heres the kicker. YOU decide you dont like how im playing a "modded" game match. I dont know the details or the nuances about your modded game type. So I try and do what i know how to do and what quake 4 is based on. Just run around and frag as best I can. I know im not good probably not even mediocore with quake 4 so i try and do what I know I can - to try make the game competitive. YOU get pissed off because I wont do what you want me to do in the game. You just up and quit and go upstairs to shoot the shit with people not even 1 full match into the game ? A game that YOU asked to get started. And YOU just walk away from the 2v2 game going and leave me sitting there trying to fight against 2 skilled players ?!? You know what I did ? I stuck it out for another 2 rounds of the game before I finally got tired of being sniped & melee'ed 2 vs 1.

I participated. YOU up and quit the game.

YOU asked me to play the game. YOU threw a tantrum when I wouldnt play it the way you wanted me to. So you are saying you can dictate to me how I should play the game at the lans ?!? You are all about "lets just throw down and see what people want to do that day" but then freak out and just up and quit a game that you talked people into playing because I wouldnt do exactly what you wanted me to do ?!?

Talk about hippocritical. Seriously. Rukuss was there with us in game and he knows exactly how it went down. We were on oppsoing teams and even he was like - "so he just up and quit and walks away when you dont do what he wants you to do ?".

ESPECIALLY when you went around and talked us into palying it !!!

you talk about playing and getting everyone on the same page
I think thats the general idea of going to a LAN to play games WITH other people.

I find all your comments on the board I find to be very harsh

I am trying to offer insight and opinions on the various topics that I participate in. That is the purpose of a forums. I try and do it in a manner that demonstrates what Im trying to say. Im not trying to be confrontational but we ARE ALLOWED to have a different point of view than YOU. That is part of the point of a "forums" where you "discuss" topics. You seem unable to handle another persons point of view and feel immediately attacked by said opposing viewpoint or someones suggestions to help make the lans an overall better experience.

We all have different experiences. I know some great elements that do in fact make LAN's run smoother, can optimize gaming time etc. I throw up that input in what I think is a constructive manner that is meant to further the lan parties. I dont come here to say "you suck", "the lans suck", or "get a clue". But it seems this how it seems you interpret my posts ?

You are the one who starts off with the nasty and or derogatory comment or statement in a thread. Then you are suddenly surprised when someone responds to your deliberate or veiled attack ?

Just take a little bit and read a couple of the threads and see how it plays out.

----

The example with the xbox players is to demonstrate to you how things can run. Yes we have comps. Yes there are more elements to consider when playing the same computer game with others. But you know what. If you really make an effort at addressing those elements then they arent nearly as much as an obstacle. That is the point of the example. I have been to computer lans where most people just jumped in and played. It can be done. It has been done. Ive expereinced it. I put it out there for you to consider.

----

puts in their 2 cents on what should and should not be played
I have never said we SHOULD NOT play a game. I have indeed suggested games that I thought would be worthwhile. I did NOT say we MUST play those games. However I did offer up a game suggestion - not unlike many others have done on these same forums when coming upon the various lans. So we cant even make a suggestion ? AND if you even took a moment to look at my posts it will clearly say something to the effect of "does anyone want to try this out ?" "it doesnt have to be this weekend, but im throwing up the idea for FUTURE lans" !!!

Dude you are so out of line with your comments and are completely extrapolating what you "think" im saying or dont even bother reading past the first sentence. Both are strikes against you. I think it all comes down to you interpreting suggestions, comments, and a different opinion as an immediate attack against your person. Thats not benefitting anybody.

and we ALWAYS post the top 5 voted games a week ahead

Point in fact - no you dont always post the top 5 games a week ahead of time. For example - here we are 8 hours to go before todays LAN June 9th, 2007. There hasnt even been a hint of what games will be played in this thread (nor elsewhere unless I missed it). There have been a number of times before the lans when its just us tossing around ideas, and the rought list of games doesnt come about till a day or two before lan day. Its just the way it is. Pretending otherwise doesnt change this.

And even when you do post the games of whats to be played. They arent played. One example that sticks out for me is one of the house lans many months ago now - it was advertised as 3 games to be played at the lan. One of them Far Cry a personal favorite. I was extremely excited about this lan as there was finally gonna be some focused play time in game that I really really enjoyed. Come lan day. I sit through a ton of quake 4 and a couple other games. Hey thats okay - Far Cry is coming up next. No problem I can play the games that everyone else is playing. PARTICIPATE with everyone else - play the games they are really into - make thier game time a ton of fun because everyones playing it.

Then comes the Far Cry time slot - w00t. Bob even puts up a server. Awesomeness right ? Well we dont even play one full round of the game when everyone just up and quits. So a whole 15 minutes (not even) of Far Cry and everyone except 'Noy quits starts playing Flat Out. So essentially a full house that night - and nobody and can muster more than 15 minutes in a "listed & advertised" game for that weekends lan.

So hmmmm.

So much for being a "team player" and how does that go:

Participation is 99% of these events and you are really being hypocritical commenting on it unless you are giving 100% to help the cause.
So I participate and play the games that other people wanted to enjoy. I put in my participation etc. But it would seem that only applies to the games that YOU want to play. When its a game someone else might be interested in trying. Too bad ?!?

I think it works both ways.

it is also about seeing what ppl are up to, how their kids are doing, when is the next comp upgrade, it is human interaction, it's a party

This i can respect and its totally cool with me. In fact i consider it part of the lan. Structuring a touch more and most importantly actually following through on the games list (and having one to boot) does not null and void the social aspect of a lan party. The social part goes on the whole time. Its the background buzz of the lan.

----

Also you calling into account someones attendance records at the LAN's, without any respect to thier real life responsibilites is just MASSIVELY irresponsible, and quite hippocritical.

----

I guess I misunderstood this whole gaming club idea. I didnt realize it was an iron booted dictatorship of the lan world. I has assumed that it was based on the participation and good will of the members. That it was open to ideas, discussion, and suggestions. That it was okay to expect to play the games on the "to be played list".

Yes that last comment was the "harsh" one.

----

Let me know if Im truly wrong about it all. If I am and theres no swaying your opinion, then so be it and let me know. You DONT have to implement or seriously consider anything I suggest or give an opinion on. I never expected you too. My suggestions and opinions are just that. Suggestions and opinions. Its all based on what happens, what has happened, and on the suggestion end what could happen. I had thought I was participating in this "club". Im sorry if I misinterpreted the whole thing.

You do have a couple good points, but...

Not being able to figure how to play a game type for Q4 is, well, bs. I watched Pursuit play for about 2 secs and knew exactly what to do for that type of game you guys were playing. Had I just sat down and started playing the game with you guys, it would have been the same way.

This also happened last night. We played Stalker MP. After about a minute I figured out what was going on. Figured out how to buy weapons and such, picking up stuff from ppl I killed, etc... I did bail out shortly after starting to play as I was having visual issues with the game. Either my eyes were playing games with me or it was something with the graphics which was making it somewhat unplayable for me. But that's another story.

Think about playing BF2. How long would it take you to jump into Conquest game for the first time and figure out that you need to run around from flag to flag trying to cap them? If of course your playing to win the round and not just playing to have the highest score.

Point in fact - no you dont always post the top 5 games a week ahead of time. For example - here we are 8 hours to go before todays LAN June 9th, 2007. There hasnt even been a hint of what games will be played in this thread (nor elsewhere unless I missed it).
The last time I remember us announcing what games we would probably be playing at a house lan was back at Clarence years ago. We don't do this for the house lans, ONLY FOR THE VFW. VFW lans are a different animal and with the short time frame we truely do need some organization hence why we have the vote list for when you reg for them.

House lans at B.Ob.'s house have always been free-for-alls. We've been doing this for 5 yrs now and I never know what we're going to be playing till I get there. Its pretty much been, "Hey, what do you guys want to play, ok kool, lets play that," or "Hey, I'm thinking about playing this game, anyone want in?" And I've probably said it to B.Ob., Pursuit and Nem, actually I know I've said it a couple times, that those lans should stay like that and a lot of ppl that come to the house seem to like it too. Gives them a chance to play a certain game with a friend that they normally might not get to play with.

With the amount of ppl that show, there can be too many tastes in games and everyone wanting to play different things. Mikey and Techboy's big thing has been Supreme Commander and they have been playing it at the last 2-3 lans now. I'd join them, but I just haven't been able to really get into SC right now. So I'll try and start something different with some others. Do we always get to a game I want to play, no. AvP2, Jedi Academy, CoH, I was hoping to play some CoH yesterday, never got to it. And the lans are the only time I play CoH since the online community has gone to shit so there's no sense in trying. I asked a couple times but nothing happened. I also asked if the guys wanted to try GTR2 which I've had for awhile now but just got around to install it earlier this week to try it out. And since we've been looking for a good race game that's easy to get everyone into if they wanted and supports more the 2 ppl, *cough* NFS *cough*. But I think Flatout 2 seems to have filled that void for most of us. We didn't get a GTR2 game going but I would have helped anyone get it installed and running if we did as I know pretty much no one was familiar with it.

So am I to get all pissy because we didn't play CoH or something, no. Life is full of disappointments, this is one more. Through the whole day, the only game we played that I'm totally into was BF2 on our server. Stalker was new to me, MP wise, and with my above issues, I can't say I'm totally thrilled but I'm not going to pass judgement on it till I play the MP again. I didn't bitch and had a good time.

This also leaves room for new games that come out as some ppl will have the game and probably want to play it.

Comments, suggestions, and opinions are always welcome especially when it comes to games ppl would like to play before one of our lans. By all means uses our forums to get a couple ppl interested in playing a game at one of the house lans. Usually works better if you just wait till the day of as only about 5 of us regularly visit the forums for some reason, just be prepared to help ppl get going. But the VFW's are different and suggesting a game to play 2 days before the lan, as some ppl like to do, of which we all registered for and voted on games to play just serves to create disorganization, which in the end is what we need for the VFW lans. And I do recall PurSuit posting the top 3-5 games from the voting in the VFW lan topics a good week before the lan.

"so uh like what do you guys want to TRY today ?"

"does anyone have the patches?"

"do more than a couple people even have the game today ?"

"do we even know if the game has any bugs or quirks that would make it problematic at the lan ?"

"whys there 2 people playing game A, 3 playing game B, 5 playing game C, 6 people trying to get thier computers working, 4 people who cant connect to a particular game, 6 playing game D ? - all at the same time... shouldnt we all be playing in the same game togther for some riotous large scale multiplayer action ?" "isnt that the point of everyone coming together to play ?"

Tech support is another ongoing monster all together. As far as I'm concerned for the VFW lans, we vote on games to play, top 3 get posted, that's what we play that day. You don't have the game/don't have it patched and running right by then, that's your own problem. Games not running on a system can be a million different reason why and trouble shooting that is not something fun and can take a ton of time, which we don't have on those days. Simplest sollution for those situations is, reinstall and hope for the best. This is like not studying for a test the next day that the teacher said your going to have. You didn't study, you fail the test, its not the teachers fail your a F up. Teachers not going to sit there during the test that the rest of the class is taking and help you study.

Having the game running and patched right before the lan and not being able to connect to the game is fine as it usually could be a network issue, bad cable etc... And we can usually solve those problems easily. Studying example again, you studied but for some reason you don't get a copy of the test, teacher can fix that by getting you the test. Remind me to start handing out F's to the ppl that don't study at the next LPE event.

Yes, even at the VFW lan we're still going to get a couple ppl that will break off and play something different. We can't force everyone to play the games we voted on. Well, we can but the guys don't let me bring my baseball bat anymore. We can only hope everyone decides to play along with us. At the house lans, yeah, this is going to happen a lot, which is fine as we have till Bobsbrat kicks us out :( . Hell, the house lans are even more of a chance to try a game that you might not normally play. So, am I suppose to load up games I don't play just in case we play them?

I didn't quote everything you said there for the sake of space, but comparing the Sexboxers and PCers is F'ing crap and you know it. Up until the 360 games don't need to be patched or can't be patched on consoles, only one person needs to have the game as 4 can play on a console, rarely any network issues with networking sexboxes together, if someone doesn't want to play that game, guess what, they just have to sit there and watch . Also sexboxers have fewer good mp games to play so deciding what games to play is easier, also they were a bunch of Halo freaks anyway so what else would you expect them to be playing. You find a bunch of BF2 players in the WNY area and get them together and I wonder what they're going to play.

We do our best to get everyone working together and I'll admit its a WIP, which is getting better with each lan, but it requires a little support and dedication on both ends, especially when it comes to the VFW lans.

Yup, your right, its a choice. So at the VFW or B.Ob.'s house, if everyone is off in little groups playing different games or just chatting away, just remember what you just said.

Not being able to figure how to play a game type for Q4 is, well, bs.
It is not BS. Every game - every game type in a game - every genre of game - all have thier nuances that makes them different. There are therefore different strategies employed when you play the different types. Mods especially. I chose to play the game. Then the modded version was used as the game type. As I said Im not uber and I did what I knew how to do - run and frag. I didnt know if the mod changed the weapon types or damage (extremely common in mods), if it changed power-up locations, if it changed physics, etc. While you may not care or even consider those factors noteworthy I do. Calling my lack of knowledge of a game mod BS is BS in itself. 0 points for a weak attack.

Think about playing BF2. How long would it take you to jump into Conquest game for the first time and figure out that you need to run around from flag to flag trying to cap them? If of course your playing to win the round and not just playing to have the highest score.

How long indeed when you take into account all the variables that affect any particular game map, map size, # of players, "sweet spots" on the map, what class your playing, etc. For someone new to BF2 this is a LOT to not know and a LOT to get ground up over. So someone who NEVER played bf2 jumps into a BF2 game - what do you think they are going to do ? Hmmm maybe run and gun ? Of course they are. It takes time to learn a game. Now throw a mod into the equation and any # of variables and things to learn can occur. And if you really want to use the run from flag to flag analogy, then someone could be standing right at the flag point on some maps and spots and never know where it was - especially if they are brand new. So how exactly does this analogy hold water again ?

----

I love just love how in your attempt to defend pursuilt in this matter - you COMPLETELY gloss over this part of the situation :

Now heres the kicker. YOU decide you dont like how im playing a "modded" game match. I dont know the details or the nuances about your modded game type. So I try and do what i know how to do and what quake 4 is based on. Just run around and frag as best I can. I know im not good probably not even mediocore with quake 4 so i try and do what I know I can - to try make the game competitive. YOU get pissed off because I wont do what you want me to do in the game. You just up and quit and go upstairs to shoot the shit with people not even 1 full match into the game ? A game that YOU asked to get started. And YOU just walk away from the 2v2 game going and leave me sitting there trying to fight against 2 skilled players ?!? You know what I did ? I stuck it out for another 2 rounds of the game before I finally got tired of being sniped & melee'ed 2 vs 1.

I participated. YOU up and quit the game.

YOU asked me to play the game. YOU threw a tantrum when I wouldnt play it the way you wanted me to. So you are saying you can dictate to me how I should play the game at the lans ?!? You are all about "lets just throw down and see what people want to do that day" but then freak out and just up and quit a game that you talked people into playing because I wouldnt do exactly what you wanted me to do ?!?

Talk about hippocritical. Seriously. Rukuss was there with us in game and he knows exactly how it went down. We were on oppsoing teams and even he was like - "so he just up and quit and walks away when you dont do what he wants you to do ?".

ESPECIALLY when you went around and talked us into palying it !!!

Especially after Pursuit goes off and says:

Participation is 99% of these events and you are really being hypocritical commenting on it unless you are giving 100% to help the cause.

Please go ahead and comment. If this discussion is going to turn into the blind eyed ignore the facts about what happened and jump to a buddies defense irregardless of what really happened (and of course make weak attacks that dont really hold merit) - then I will bow out of the discussion as its not worth stating the truth when no one will listen to it. I think we've all read enough blind defense posts to know how that whole story goes down.

----

The last time I remember us announcing what games we would probably be playing at a house lan was back at Clarence years ago.
The LAN that I made an example of http://forums.wnygamersclub.com/index.php?...=1623&st=15 is one where the listed games were to be played & patches to have were then noted. As I remember it we played a heavy dose of quake 4, then some fear, then finally went into the far cry, which defaulted to flat out in 15 minutes. So it is at least an example of having a games listed for play at a basement lan.

----

House lans at B.Ob.'s house have always been free-for-alls. We've been doing this for 5 yrs now and I never know what we're going to be playing till I get there. Its pretty much been, "Hey, what do you guys want to play, ok kool, lets play that," or "Hey, I'm thinking about playing this game, anyone want in?" And I've probably said it to B.Ob., Pursuit and Nem, actually I know I've said it a couple times, that those lans should stay like that and a lot of ppl that come to the house seem to like it too. Gives them a chance to play a certain game with a friend that they normally might not get to play with.

Thats fine. As noted what I offered were suggestions and opinions on the matter. If this is the preferred format by everyone coming to the basement LAN's then okay. Im fine with that.

----

So am I to get all pissy because we didn't play CoH or something, no. Life is full of disappointments, this is one more.
If you take my example then I only got "pissy" since the game was listed I expected at least a couple rounds of game time in it because of that. If you want to get technical I played through ~8 hours of the other 2 games throughout the lan day before the far cry slot came up. Then nada. Since I played the games that were up first and gave my full participation so everyone could have a more exciting and fulfilling lan time in those games, I had "assumed" that the same level of participation was to continue to be extended to the next game up. It simply wasnt and yes I was disappointed. So strike it against me for the assumption, I'll take that one.

comparing the Sexboxers and PCers is F'ing crap and you know it

Nope. If people come to the lan with the game to be played installed, and patched to the quoted patch, then you are 80-90% in the same boat as the xboxer is. With 10-20% headroom for networking. Most of the time people spend trying to get connected involveds going through a full game install, cracking (if needed), & patching. After that most people are good to go and can usually play right away. Sure theres the usual networking concerns but those are noted and to be expected. If you read it - the overall example is not to say xbox & pc are the same - but to say the pc setup can be streamlined (and quite easily) to be very close if not identical to the xbox setup time. In other words people can be ready to jump in and play almost right away with that little bit of communcation & prep.

Having the game running and patched right before the lan and not being able to connect to the game is fine as it usually could be a network issue, bad cable etc...

And this was the EXACT point of my post. If its fine - then what exactly is the problem ? And why are you and pursuit giving such poop over it ?

Edited by WarSpartan

I dont want to have an extended arguement at this point. I think I made my points clearly and am not looking to make this a recurring bashing thread. Ima bow out of this one now and hope for good will in the future. If thats not possible just IM me and that will be that.

Thanks.