April's LAN Party Extravaganza

B.Ob.

Add STALKER (if possible), might be fun since we are all n00bs.

You got a try'd a true deticated LAN server or atleast know we will not have issues peer to peering it? (unlike the first LAN we tryed to play FEAR @ and took 3 or 4 hours just to get everyone patched and kinda working, by that time I did not get to play at all.) I am all game but do not have time this week right before the LAN to test it out. Dragon, Bob, or anyone else might though, they just need to follow through helping get it installed and patched for others at the LAN.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add STALKER (if possible), might be fun since we are all n00bs.

You got a try'd a true deticated LAN server or atleast know we will not have issues peer to peering it? (unlike the first LAN we tryed to play FEAR @ and took 3 or 4 hours just to get everyone patched and kinda working, by that time I did not get to play at all.) I am all game but do not have time this week right before the LAN to test it out. Dragon, Bob, or anyone else might though, they just need to follow through helping get it installed and patched for others at the LAN.

I'm not for sure if I'll have time to try it out, maybe Friday, since I have that day off from work.

PurSuit, you say you don't have time to setup a server, but I bet will play BF2 for 10 hours this week.

I dont care either way, 'cause I suk at the game ;)

From what I hear, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a system killer, and to really try it out, you need at least 2 (preferably 3+) PCs that can run the game, and another for the server. Thats a lotta beastly systems... for one person to have.

PurSuit, you say you don't have time to setup a server, but I bet will play BF2 for 10 hours this week.

I dont care either way, 'cause I suk at the game :)

The MP maps are really small and cramped, might be good for the 6 ppl at the LAN that will play it. I throw it up peer to peer style but still do not know if any one can connect or if it will crash with a few ppl on it we will see.

Ha ha no kidding. No idea why folks dont like Far Cry. Looks so darn good and the multiplay rocks. You get to actually use the map terrain and features for cover and concealment if thats your thing - oh and of course some of the best weapons physics ever done. But oh well we gotta pick our battles and hope for the best.

If anyone enjoys the game and ever wants to get a few rounds going to just holler. I'll keep the iso and necessary patch files handy. Fairly quick install, and loads fast so its one of those "easy" to get rolling games.

I also thought CoD2 was a good pile of fun last lan.

As for BF2 - dont I see enough of you guys online ?!? LOL just kidding.

Edited by WarSpartan

Far Cry ...

:)

FarCry wasn't a bad MP game @ all back in the day & is still somewhat enjoyable nowadays, so I would be up to playing it again. However, I'm more interested in getting a Serious Sam 2 MP game going this time around as that game is really fun. I threw up a server @ the last VFW lan & it got swarmed within 10 min's & we all had alot of fun.

As for STALKER, I haven't played it yet, so I can't say if I want to play it or not.

CoD2 is OK, but its lost its appeal to me.

I will of course be playing Flatout2, that game is just too much fun.

C&C 3 is cool, so I wouldn't mind playing that if it's available @ the lan.

-- Nem

Let's try an organize a schedule for these games. Like the top 5 games get about 90 mins playing time, alternating between 60min of other games.

12 pm Half Life 2 DM

1:30 Far Cry

2:30 FEAR

4:00 CoD2

5:00 FlatOut2

- food -

7:00 SS2

8:00 BF2 (get double time for #1 choice)

11:00 STALKER

Just an idea...

Let's try an organize a schedule for these games. Like the top 5 games get about 90 mins playing time, alternating between 60min of other games.

12 pm Half Life 2 DM

- food -

Just an idea...

/me ponders.... quite nice

12 pm Half Life 2 DM

- food -

Just an idea...

You do realize that those games will take more than an hour here an hour there to play. That's why we've been playing just the top 3 games voted on. You've been there, you've seen that ppl finally get their fill of the first game about 4-5, we start the second game and eat, play a little more, then move on to the last game for the night.

Trying to crame 8 games into 12 hrs seems pointless. We don't even get through 3-4 in 10hrs at B.Ob.'s house. Something to mull over though. Maybe try to fit one more game into the mix. :)

Dragon

I know you guys can play BF2 for 6 hours straight...I physically can't, plus it gets boring. I've been to the LANs, I notice people get up after 3 maps of Quake and take a walk. Same goes for FEAR, CoD, etc. I know people that don't come to the LANs or only come for 1/2 due to only playing 3 games.

Something to think about...

Just an idea...

We already have determined that only 3 to 4 games can be reasonably played in a 12 hour time frame. Normally it ends up being the top 3 and then a surprise (what ever game most of the peeps have installed). A game ever 1 to 2 hours is way to hard for the 4 main ppl that have to setup, get everyone on the same page, order food, hand out free shit and then pack up can do. We might have this down to a science, but we like to play a few rounds also. :) Feel free to get up outta your seat and help get more ppl involved in the games, helping them get all 8 (you suggested) installed and patched; we are all down for that help. "Action speaks louder then words"

I know you guys can play BF2 for 6 hours straight...I physically can't, plus it gets boring. I've been to the LANs, I notice people get up after 3 maps of Quake and take a walk. Same goes for FEAR, CoD, etc. I know people that don't come to the LANs or only come for 1/2 due to only playing 3 games.

Something to think about...

YOU are more then welcome to start a server/game and run around helping everyone to install, patch and join. Bet 9 out of 10 times by the time you do ppl will have moved on to a new game. Also not everyone that comes to LANs reads the forums so you can not get them installed and patch ahead of time.

Alot of what you have said we have thought about and we now do what works. ParoxysM seems like you are seating down @ Pizza Hut yelling at the waiter/waitress about how the place would be so much better is they had Big Mac's on the menu! Just the way I see it so stop the hate!