alright im breaking

Conan4Life

will after my falure to find firmware updates for my video card im starting to crack for a video card upgrade. i think CrAzY would be a better term, but ive stalked my prey and think the time is right to strike.

they i will be ready for ROME total war!!!

hehehehe yes i am cRaZy now where did i put that button

here it is

selfdbut_small.jpg

anyone know if this would work with a 320 power supply with evething in my sig and 4 extra fans (spairs from past power supplys) for cooling, i know i gots a spair power hook up for it

and also a cdrom dive and burrner, i thinking im borderlineing it

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conan,

U're looking to get a higher powered Power Supply on that system of yours since U are aiming @ higher end video cards that will pull some "juice" off of it. I personally use a 500 watt p/s, but U should be fine w/ 420 - 450 watt p/s.

Nice choice in the Video card. I can't say that I'm an nVidia fan but that isn't a bad card @ all. I would probably steer you towards THIS beastie from ATi. Let's just say there's a reason why they are #1 & have been staying there even w/ the current releases of bad boys from nVidia. U can see from my sig the type of VC I'm running & thus far I'm VERY impressed w/ it compared to the "other" nVidia" based cards I've been exposed to. I hope this helps.

-- Nem B)

I would go with at least a 400w PS by a descent manufacter http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc....-153-006&DEPA=0

not a good mod PS but if you don't have a window it shouldn't matter a thermaltake 420w silent pure power for $38 w /free shipping can't beat that price.

I'm a huge ATI fan but I recently got the Evga 6800GT and love it!!!!! B) I was using a 9700pro and it almost doubled my performance acrossed the board. And I have to say the drivers are alot better than ati's, This is the first nvidia card I used since the geforce 2 gts and couldn't be happier with it. The x800 pro does a little better with AA and AF at very high rez's(1600x1200) but otherwise the 6800 usually beats it, I did I small write up of preformance in the video card & cpu section http://ww2.wnygamersclub.com:8081/members/...ct=ST&f=3&t=409

plus I'm using newer drivers 61.77 which have better preformance and stablity.

Either way x800pro or 6800gt you can't go wrong both are excellent cards.

By the way Doom 3 runs like butter at 1280x1024 @ high quality settings with this card, I'm gonna try doing a more complete review of this card in the next couple of days, hopefully I have alot of other stuff to get done first. :(

Yes, you definately gonna want a better PS.... I've been using an Antec True 430 with no issues. Certainly can't beat that price that ellilion posted above!!!!

umm same price but the nvidia card shipingis inculded, im liking the nvida more (per benchmarks) because it done the same amount of work with less processing power of the gpu

350 versus 475, leaves room for over clocking

it just matter on what game your playing to to see the minnimal difference of the card, the main reason i picked this card over many other is that its by pny like my last 2 cards geforce 2 mx , geforce 4

before that was, the best ever, voodoo3 2000, caramageddon ran so purdy ... ummm glide

i do like the ATI company on the whole not many companys design and manafacture

thanks for all the help will most likely putting out an order with my next pay check

allrighty took all the advice and getting this Power Supply wil be looking for a lower price just gotta make shure i got enought for all my "system fans" the 12 volters out of other power supplys :lol:

-------------shopping--------------

Alright this is better!! ohh and leave one for me :)

There is also this one http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-163-018&depa=0 I'm using this with no problems 580w cool looking and cheap as hell. Some people have had problems(looking at the reviews) but it's running my 6800gt athlon 64 3400+, 2x 160gb sata drives, dvd & cd-burner, 3 80mm fans, and 2 CCFL with nothing going wrong yet and I've had it about 2-3 months. I want that modular 500w PS soo bad but the thing that gets me it has no sata power connectors? stupid on there part, how can you make a new hooked PS and not include sata power, even most of the new cheap PSs have sata on them. :lol:

alrighty gots a 480 comming in the mail nextweek the secondary search and purchace

and on my system at the moment doom 3 runs good at 640 x 480 with almost everthing on sits, i think, at about 20 to 40 fps gotta turn that counter on to get the real number

my card sped up a bit after i cleaned out the heatsink as well as the rest of the machine of dust :lol:

You know I was just thinking, you should have waited on the psu till those new ones we had at Massivelan come out. Damn those things were sweet. No big hunk of wire coming out the back, all plugs. Plug in what you need and that's it. I can't for the life if me remember what the name of them was. Yo BO.b. help a brother out. :lol:

Dragon

ok installed the 480 power supply and oly has enough plugs for my main praferials,

after some "creative" wireing now 3 of my 4 case fans are hard wired to the power supply

w00t!!!11 not for that video card per the sight i prolly wont have it till about sept 13th ;) so should be running by the 10/2 lan party