MassiveLAN!

I would really like to know what preparations you have for a lan of that size. It will need alot of power and some lil firehall might not be adequate for that kind of power strain. Also what will you be using for the network it will have to handle a good sized load. My research tells me that a lan event stresses out a network like 500 percent more than the average buisnness office load. A simple router will not do.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to tell you guys the truth, we have done large LAN parties before. Our LAN at the Hamburg Fairgrounds two years ago was at least 160 people. The event is being held at the WNY Event Center. Power is not an issue. Check out the pics under the Gallery section on the webpage. Network issues are being addressed as well.

Boy, the optimism on this forum kills me...

Jay

umm with that many coms, just think of the amount of warez, mp3z, and pron that could be had, i rember a frend who went to 75 man fragnation and just was there the whole time downloading mp3s.

didnt really go into wah tgames were playing

Yeah, that was a problem. Imagine trying to actually play the game while less computer knowledgable folks are playing 500MB pr0n videos from each others computers across the network :o

I brought my spare hdd (30G) and filled to capacity at night browsing computer - to - computer.

Hmmmm.. I wouldn't start bashing MassiveLAN till we see everything in action ourselves. I wouldn't be surprised to see that they have well enough in hand. If this is something that U know for a FACT not to be true, then your concerns/comments would be warranted. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them, I'm just trying to bring everyone back around to the possibility that they have a good head on their shoulders.

-- Nem :bob:

Well My PC will be safe, as long as there's power to get things running. All of you should think about getting a little backup battery to bring with you just in case......of course, then none of us would know when the breaker tripped. B)

Who's gonna notice something as unimportant as the lite going out? :popc:

:lol:

U're dreaming now my friend, U got me in the "years" category w/o any question whatsoever, but nice try though :P

Besides, the wife likes my Salt & Pepper hair. Besides, I think B.Ob. is displaying more "grey" than me, if U can believe that!!! :rotfl:

-- Nem