Vista.

Sacred gets right to the point in his threads/titles, lol.

I will check it out after Sp1; on a backup pc; off the network.

I might be more inclined to wait till SP2 for Vista b4 I sink my teeth into it unless SP1 really does a stellar job @ fixing things that MS always finds a way to screw up.

-- Nem

Extending the Vista Activation Grace Period to 120 Days

Microsoft is shipping all variants of its newly released Windows Vista on a single DVD, meaning that the disc found in the $199 Home Basic box is the same as the one in the $399 Ultimate package – only thing separating each in functionality is in the license. If you have a copy of one of the lesser (or slightly nefarious) versions Windows Vista on hand, and are still undecided if it's the right one for you, Microsoft offers a 30-day grace period for any operation without the need for a special CD-key.

Unlike other methods that freeze the activation countdown timer, extending the trial to 120 days requires no hacking, cracking or illegal third party files. All one needs to do is log into Windows Vista with administrator rights, launch the command prompt and type in:

slmgr –rearm

After a restart, the countdown timer will have reset to "43200 minute(s) (30 day(s)." Windows Vista will allow you to perform this operation a maximum of three times, so in theory, if one issues the "rearm" command on the last day of each trial period, a total of 120 days may be realized.

Anyone getting Vista.

from what I have seen... what would be the point. There are few if any DX10 games out, and if there were not like I have a DX10 card!

Take the price of Ultimate and add ~200 and you could get a Mac Mini.

I highly doubt that I will ever legally purchase a copy of Vista, maybe if at all, an OEM version.

Analysis: Vista's Ready Boost is no match for RAM

"Once you have upgraded to Vista - we recommend that your PC isn't older than two years and you make sure that all drivers for your hardware are available - we believe that Vista's SuperFetch and ReadyBoost will convince even the skeptics and XP hardliners that Windows Vista does more good than harm overall. Based on our test results, these two features can improve application launch time on Vista-appropriate computers by 50 to 70%. The subjective experience of SuperFetch proves to be more significant than any hardware upgrade could ever be, provided the processor and available RAM meet minimum requirements."

ReadyBoost is useless in the benchmarks I've seen. Who is going to use their thumbdrive for RAM substitute anyways...just buy more RAM n00bs.

True, but that requires some work knowing which ram to buy and opening the case and plugging them in. Most here would have no problems with that, but I can't see grandma at CompUSA asking for a matched pair of 2gig DDR2 800 CL4 sticks.