I am sick of BF1942

heftysmurf

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you suggest then?

If BF "is way to played out," you'll have to say the same thing about UT, discounting the fact I don't think we've played it as a group for the last couple parties. I think BF has been good because it seems the playing field is pretty level, no one plays for 30 mins and has been killed 20 times and only killed 2 people. And we've all seen having to reload is killing Nemesis :ph34r: .

I'd like to see us try some real different stuff like MechWarrior 3 even though I know I'm just pissing into the wind asking for that. I'd also like to see us get into AvP2 more or get back into JA. NFSU was nice but it broke us up into groups cause of only 4 per race.

If you've checked out the Far Cry thread, I've got the multiplayer beta which we can give a swing at the next party for something new.

What I've been thinking about and was thinking about it to BOB and Pursuit is if I could try and get the parties a little more organized. It would need to have all the lan party regulars to be on this wonderful forum of BOB's. What I'd like to do is get a list of every game that's playable and get a list that includes something for everyone. I'd make sure that there would be enough copies on cd so anyone that didn't have it could get it loaded up and playing right away. I did try with the DC mod but I couldn't get the 6 patch zipped and fit onto a cd with the 5f file. I felt it would have been pointless to zip the 500mb 5f file. That way everyone could grab it off a cd or shag it from someones' pc, as all as they were'nt playing the game.

I don't know, just a pipe dream I guess, but I'd love to start organizing these parties a little. B)

Dragon

We need to play something besides bf1942 at the next LAN party. In fact if Henry is in agreement playing BF1942 should get you banned. It is WAY too played out.

I guess that was why I put just the Deset Combat maps into the rotation. I was hoping for something else new for the LAN party, like UT2k4. Not that Ut2k4 really is too new, being a Halo-ised UT2k3. Someone did mention Call of Duty, which I have played MP before and it is quite fun, but getting everyone up to speed can be a problem also. (Ok, the TKers really weren't up to speed on BF either....)

There certainly are a laundry list of games that we have played, but not in a while. AvP2, Serious Sam: TSE (co-op), JA, etc. And even more we could play, but never have, Quake2, Quake3, etc. We will have to have a better poll of "Games to Play" for the next LAN party!!!

We need to play something besides bf1942 at the next LAN party. In fact if Henry is in agreement playing BF1942 should get you banned. It is WAY too played out.

OK, lets get something straight here, BF1942 D.C. is by far NOT to "played out". The game is very enjoyable & does a great job @ letting anyone pretty much play it w/ a good chance of surviving for more than a mere second or two that U often find in games such as UT & Quake. Most multiplayer games have MODS open to them that help to "enhance" the gaming experience. To make such a statement like that is pretty much stating that U don't like anything when U play it for more than a dozen times. Also, making a statement of "boredom" such as U have is pretty much saying that U have "mastered" the game & that it simply doesn't provide a challenge to U anymore. When last I checked, U definitely weren't a dominating force in that game.

I think the major issue that I was seeing @ the lan party, besides Pursuit logging into a game & then leaving to go watch TV and/or talk, is that there wasn't really any structure to the teams. I noticed that alot of people kept buddying up w/ the same people time & time again & after a while that may very well get old.

As for killing your teammates, things like that do happen when there are ALOT of fireworks going off in the area that U are in. One can easily adjust the server settings to stop that. As Dragon said, sacrifices have to be made from time to time. As for those who were going out of their way to kill anything that moved, they can just as easily be dealt with :ph34r:

I will follow along w/ B.Ob. & say that getting a more organized list of games to play @ the next gathering may go a long way. If U don't want to a play a game being played, then don't play it. I saw Call of Duty on 1 of the posts, and while it has a very cool Single Player campaign, I'm honestly NOT that impressed w/ its Multiplayer aspect. The "active kill camera" is a very cool concept & would like to start seeing that incorporated into more games in the near future.

I'm all for playing games such as Aliens vs. Predators 2, Serious Sam 2 & the multiplayer demo for FarCry. Quake I have played & have to say that there's a reason why I play UT instead, UT is that much better & Quake simply isn't worth the time & effort right now. When Quake 4 gets released, that may change all together. NFSU was a nice distraction, but that's all it really is. As for Pursuit being "#1" @ it, that does tend to happen when played enough times by U & that U keep using the fastest car most of the time B)

-- Nem B)

I do not understand how anybody can state bf1942 is not played out. Yes it has been modded for your enjoyment to make it somewhat different however the last few LAN parties should be called BF1942 parties. You still pretty much do the same thing all the time. This game has been out since last summer. I have logged my fair share playing this game & now I believe we should move on. Their a lot of different games that could/should be played both old & new. It appears that the dominant BF1942 players are afraid to play something they may suck at. Ego's???

DEATH TO BF1942!!!!!!

SOUND THE ALARM!!! :rolleyes:

What ever, you have not even shown up at the last 10 LANs I have been to. B) Last LAN you where at we tryed to play Warcraft but you had some crazy messed up modded map that was not WC at all.

besides Pursuit logging into a game & then leaving to go watch TV and/or talk,

As for Pursuit being "#1" @ it, that does tend to happen when played enough times by U & that U keep using the fastest car most of the time :rolleyes:

Hmmm 1st off I never watch TV for more the a passing moment, and if I wanted to go to LANs to sit and not talk to anyone I would stay home and play over the cable modem like every other day. B)

2nd - You had the same cars as me, everyone was using my config file, I was unbeatable even with a complete level 2 upgrade car, when everyone else was running Level 3 upgrades. :D It's not the car, it's the driver!

As far as BF goes I am all for it. I love BF and was a *HUGE BUFFALO!* part of it being played at our LANs in the beginning, I would like to see us go back to RtR, but think that a lot more ppl would be complaining, as DC has game play that is much faster then RtR or even SWoWWII. I personal still play BF1942 online @least once a week.

I have logged my fair share playing this game & now I believe we should move on. Their a lot of different games that could/should be played both old & new.

I think that everyone has stated serveral times that they are always open to requests of new or old games to play. That is the reason UT Classic showed up in the mix this time instead of UT 2003. Same with BF1942 going from that to Desert Combat. One thing I like about our group is there is always room to play serveral different things at each LAN.

I am out! *PEACE*

Nice consecutive posts talking to yourself :rolleyes:

I think I will try to make the LAN a couple hours earlier next time just so I can play more BF. I only got to play 3 maps, 'cause my monitor sucks and I cant see anything on dim maps B)

Nice consecutive posts talking to yourself :rolleyes:

I think I will try to make the LAN a couple hours earlier next time just so I can play more BF. I only got to play 3 maps, 'cause my monitor sucks and I cant see anything on dim maps B)

Sorry just had alot of quotes to do. I am not a forum master like yourself. ok, I will start my own thread now just to type to myself.

I do not understand how anybody can state bf1942 is not played out. Yes it has been modded for your enjoyment to make it somewhat different however the last few LAN parties should be called BF1942 parties. You still pretty much do the same thing all the time. This game has been out since last summer. I have logged my fair share playing this game & now I believe we should move on. Their a lot of different games that could/should be played both old & new. It appears that the dominant BF1942 players are afraid to play something they may suck at. Ego's???

Me having EGO issues? Hardly. If U knew anything about me U would've even brought it up. I play my fair share of games that I'm not all that good @ and don't gripe about it one bit. I just happen to really enjoy bf1942 & the insane amount of fun that one gets from playing it. If it isn't your "thing" anymore, then by all means just stop playing it.

I have no issues playing "something" else, even if I have no clue as to how to play it. That's the fun of new games, getting to learn them. Being "good" @ them or not isn't all that important, it's having fun.

As for U Mr. Pursuit, I simply couldn't let up on NOT making fun @ U. As for your MAD driving skills @ NFSU, U definitely have them. I do recall however that I was the one that drove U into the WALL on a # of occassions when U made the mistake of trying to pass me B)

When I learn the boards like U have, then we'll have another little "pow-wow" in that game :D

-- Nem :rolleyes:

OK, now I'm gonna pull a "pursuit" & reply to myself :rolleyes:

Since the major issue here is games, then post what YOUR thoughts are on what games should be played @ the next gathering. That is after all the purpose of this forum, to express your thoughts on things.

Now I'm done w/ Pursuit podium B)

-- Nem