October's LAN Party Extravaganza Game Vote

Which game do you most want to play at the October LAN party?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you most want to play at the October LAN party?

• Alien vs. Predator 2
    • Battlefield 1942
    • Halo (for PC)
    • Jedi Academy
    • Serious Sam: 2nd Encounter
    • Unreal Tournament 2003
    • Tribes 2
    • Vice City: Multi Theft Auto

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halo installs DirectX 9.0b, which I think was were he was having problems initially...

Hmmm... sorry to hear that U are having issues. As of yet, I haven't had any issues @ all w/ Halo on my system. I'm using an ATi Radeon 8500 w/ 64 mb ddr w/ a lone stick of pc2700 512mb ddr as well.. The game does slow down @ times but never crashes nor do I have to limit what it displays in order to play.

-- Nem

That's what messed me up, by upgrading to dx 9.0b.

Have you tried installed Direct-X 9.0b from Microsoft's site? (instead of from the CD) Perhaps that will help....

Im probably going to overhaul dx / video / motherboard driver tonight (all for Halo). Come 4:13am I still wont be able to boot :D

Your the only one I've heard of that has had issues with DirectX 9.0b. Hopefully you'll get your problem turned around. As I'm sure all the newer games coming out will want 9.0b installed also. If this helps at all, I installed in the following order:

Win2000 w/ SP3 integrated

Intel PRO/1000 MT

nVidia video driver v45.23

nVidia nForce driver v2.45 (m/b and Soundstorm audio)

then sp4 for w2k after that

- althought I forgot where DX9 was in my install sequence :)

Im probably going to overhaul dx / video / motherboard driver tonight (all for Halo). Come 4:13am I still wont be able to boot ;)

U can always just swing by B.Ob.'s place & drop off your PC for him to work on & grab one of his if the "overhaul" doesn't go well :)

I'm sure he would have NO problem w/ that B)

-- Nem :D

I was at a LAN about 3-4 weeks ago and only 2 people out of 9 got it installed correctly. We gave up playing it at the LAN.

Wow, suckage!!! Hmmm, 9.0b has gone onto mine, the game server and Mary's machine no problem.

Curious..... :D:)

I was at a LAN about 3-4 weeks ago and only 2 people out of 9 got it installed correctly. We gave up playing it at the LAN.

Sounds like someone there was giving bad instructions, or was handing out a bad copy of DX9. Definately d-load it from MS so you arent missing any parts of it. I cant say since I dont have the game yet, but it sounds like a corrupt or incomplete copy of DX9,

I've been playing Tron2 and Halo, beat them both yesterday :)