Anyone get a PSP yet?

ellilion

Just wondering if anyone has picked up one of these badboys yet? I broke down and ordered one yesterday and should have it by tuesday and will post with my thoughts after I've had some time to play around with it some.

As much as I do want one, and I REALLY do, I can't afford it right now. I'm not very happy w/ Sony right now since they changed their original pricing plans for this beauty & shot it from $170 to $250. Had it stayed @ the 1st price, then I would've bought one. As it is, I would've waited a while to buy just to see if there's any issues w/ the 1st release of the units.

Here's some of the games that I'm interested in...

Untold Legends

Ape Escape: On the Loose

Rengoku: The Tower of Purgatory

Archer MacLean's Mercury

I definitely want to know what U think of it, so let me know ASAP!!

-- Nem

Yep I'll let you know once I play around with a little bit. I usually wait for 2nd gen stuff as far as sony is concerned but I haven't read about any issues with the japanese version yet and it's been out a few months over there so I felt pretty safe buying this.

Games I ordered -- Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade, Lumines(for the wife), Tony Hawk's Underground 2 remix, Twisted Metal: Head On and Wipeout Pure

Want to get Tiger Woods, Ridge Racers, Archer MacLean's Mercury(when it's released next week) and GTA. Hopefully soon. I will have to see after spending so much already I might have to wait a couple months to get any new games but I can always do some trade-ins at EBgames hehe

Yes, althou not much of a console person lately, this does have my interest... Hope your PSP is a keeper!!!!

Yeah, the price is kind of discouraging since now you could buy any of the 3 systems out and a couple games for that price and play them on a nice big screen. Unless you plan on using it just when you go someplace, your going to be playing the games in your house where your PS2 probably is anyway, if you have one.

I bought my Gameboy from my friend back in high school, but the only time I played it was when I went somewhere. I actually still play it when I go someplace I'm going to be all day, which now makes the sound of having a new portable system nice but not for $250. I'd rather go for a DS. B)

Dragon

Honestly Dragon, after playing a DS, which is OK, I can positively say that I would never want one.

-- Nem

Yeah there OK but when one of the best games is a port of 8-9 year old game it's pretty sad, Oh boy it has N64 graphics woohoo!!!

:snore:

Plus the thing is big, clunky and heavy, the touch screen is kinda of cool but i'm wondering how long it will last in the hands of kids. I'm expecting to see alot of broken ones shortly after a year if that long.

Plus nintendo's track record with games isn't the greatest, you can expect maybe 2-3 really good games a year and not much more than that. Sony has the cash and developers to make the PSP a great system, I mean look at it now PSP has better games at launch then the GB DS has after being out for awhile now(and no i'm not including the GBA games it can play they shouldn't count(I mean if I want to play those I'd buy a GBA not a DS))

I think this is the beginning of the end for nintendo's rule of the portable market, PSP has better graphics and gonna have better games. The multimedia stuff will interest more than a few people, not saying it's a major selling point but could sway people away from just buying an mp3 player or a portable dvd system. I know it's nicer to have a 20gb ipod but i'm not looking to carry around that much music at once anyway and rather have the ability to play games, movies and view pictures. From what I've seen I think there's programs that let you rip avi's and mpegs down to work with the PSP media format and rip them down to pretty small sizes to fit the rez of the smaller lower rez screen so that's another plus.

All I can say is WOW!!!!! This is a great system, the screen is big, bright and has an excellent rez. Everything in the package except the carring case is high quality. Movies look great as well as games, the headphones supplied are awesome and double as a remote. The one thing i'm not sure if i like is the analog stick but I am getting use to it and starting not to mind it. Not really anything I can say bad about the system and everyone that I've shown it too(even non gamers) are blown away by it.

THUG2 remix = 8.5 outta 10, anyone who likes the tony hawk series should pick this up

Wipeout Pure = 9.0 outta 10, pure wipeout action, great graphics and good controls, it would make a great game for anyone's collection

Twisted Metal Head On = 9.0 outta 10, I love twisted metal and even like it more on a portable, also has great graphics

Lumines = 9.5 outta 10, great puzzle game highly addictive, I can see me and my wife fighting for PSP time lol

Untold Legends = 7.5 outta 10, nice game with good graphics and nice game play but outta of the games I have I think it's the weakest title I own and that's saying alot

Here's a good site on how to put movies/videos on the PSP

http://opm.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3138994

Here's the site with PSP Video 9 software(great for converting and transfering video's on to the PSP, Plus very easy to use and FREE!!)

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

Awesome, sounds like you love it a lot so far!!!!!! Any idea what the next game you'll pick up might be?

Not sure but I would like Tiger Woods, Ridge Racer, NFSU Rivals or NFL Street 2 Unleashed. All look good and have received good reviews, Also games in the future I'm interested in are Archer Maclean's Mercury, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, Medievil, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, Hot Shots Golf, GTA, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, ARMORED CORE:FORMULA FRONT, Coded Arms, Death Jr. , ADVENT SHADOW, Ys: The Ark of Napishtim, Gran Turismo 4 Mobile, and Madden 2k6. There's almost too many games and I sure many more that aren't even listed yet. B)

ya i got one, its awesome. period.

so is twisted metal, online is great now that they solved the server issues

putting full length movies on there is a snap (time consuming even for power comps due to freeware conversion program - i think)

mp3s, movies, pics, web surfing (in wipeout), - its so great

people already figured out how to put irc on there as well

:dork:

Not sure but I would like Tiger Woods, Ridge Racer, NFSU Rivals or NFL Street 2 Unleashed. All look good and have received good reviews, Also games in the future I'm interested in are Archer Maclean's Mercury, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, Medievil, Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow, Hot Shots Golf, GTA, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, ARMORED CORE:FORMULA FRONT, Coded Arms, Death Jr. , ADVENT SHADOW, Ys: The Ark of Napishtim, Gran Turismo 4 Mobile, and Madden 2k6. There's almost too many games and I sure many more that aren't even listed yet. :lol:

Of the games U listed, these are probably be the ones that would get my $$$...

Ys

Advent Shadow

Armored Core

There's another game that is a cool looking FPS, but the titel escapes me right now.

-- Nem