Team Radeon

B.Ob.

Cool site but it's looking like nvidia might win this round with more reviews on both cards (x800 series and 6800 series) with the updated drivers and retail boards nvidia is coming out ahead in most benchmarks and pixel shaders 3.0 is looking like it's gonna get alot of support just because of the speed boost and with the delays to x800 PE and short supply of x800's in general it's looking a little grim for ati, don't get me wrong I love ati and had ati cards for the last couple of years and this round I bought a 6800gt.

by the way does anyone know any good nvidia vid card sites, it's been so long since I used nvidia all I have is ati sites bookmarked?

by the way does anyone know any good nvidia vid card sites, it's been so long since I used nvidia all I have is ati sites bookmarked?

Just this one: nV News but havn't heard very good things about them. I prefer Beyond 3D myself as they seem to have the evenest line on both brands!

Yes, its also a shame that the only NEW cards to show up/announced are $300+ cards... Guess we'll have to wait til the fall for truely decent entry-level DX9 cards....

Eh, ATI has made a fan out of me. Too bad its taken forever to see the Nvidia card popping up in retail. I remember seeing X800s popping up a couple weeks after the reviews from Tom's, Anand, etc... B)

Dragon

Neither is really availiable yet for retail I kinda of lucked out when i bought mine, I didn't pay over retail for it like most places were charging 40+ dollars over retail and they had it in stock for a couple of hours anyway. The problems with video quality for farcry most people are complaining about I don't have, looks better than the ati 9700pro i had in there, might be a driver issue alot of reviews use 61.45 which are f**ked betas I'm using 61.36 with minor issues(call of duty crashes every 10-30 mins), may try 61.80, i tried 61.71 but halo wouldn't run at all. Betas suck but last off. driver from nvidia is 56.72 from april(real old) but this is the worst product release for both companies that I can remember as far as getting cards out for retail. But in reality it's pretty much a wash on preformance I think nvidia has some more advanced features(SM 3.0 is the big one) but ati has some cool features too. So like I said it's pretty much a wash this round. I just liked the 6800 gt because it had all 16 pipelines enabled with out have to do any kind of mods to it like you have to do with the x800 pro and it only requires 1 molex and only takes up 1 slot and the cooling is pretty good so i should be able to get a decent o/c out of it.

Hmmm, kinda disappointing that your having so many issues with different versions of semi-current drivers. I used to have much higher regard for nVidia drivers, *sigh*. Would think one would work ok, if not necessarily the fastest.

Yeah, it is also disappointing the lack of availability for ANY of the new cards!!

yeah maybe be by fall they will some cards out for sale. I suprised nvidia doesn't have a newer off. driver, I think both companies are about the same with driver support these days. Over the last 2-3 years ati has improved alot. With these nvidia drivers no matter what version I run I find 1 game that has an issue with each version, trying the 61.80 and haven't had an issue yet but haven't tried to much. Man 21 days and counting till massiveLAN, I can't wait already registered and paid. even though i'll get my ass handed to me in most games it should be fun( to bad they weren't doing a BF 1942 tournament, i might stand a chance)

I'm trying the 61.80 and haven't had a problem yet, so it looks like I finally found a driver that works with everything, at least everything I run anyways. Now just gotta wait till farcry 1.02 patch is out to do some more testing.