Gta 3: Mta

Dragon

Sweetness... guess it's time to start warming up those Uzi's for capping Dragon's A$%!!! :rolleyes:

This MOD will hopefully live up to all the hype. If so, I can see ALOT of fun w/ it @ the next lan party.

-- Nem

More chaos of whats to come, ripped from http://multitheftauto.com/

I'm posting this because I want to announce the new gamemode that will be included in one of the next versions of MTA. The gamemode is named Speed, after the movie, and guess what you have to do.. Yeah, one team has to drive the bus until the clock stops and of course, the other team has to prevent the bus and has to stop or make the bus drive slower. If the bus is driving below, for example 60, then the bomb will explode. Well, we will give you more information as we're developing the new gamemode. Thanks to trx of course. Here's a screenshot.

speed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, now that VC is out.... I hope they finish soon... Ripped from GTA3:MTA

Both Shooting and Walking are succesfully integrated!

Headfonez, trx and me have just tested the shooting and walking capabilities of MTA v0.3b. The walking is now fully smooth, no shuffling.. just running and walking synchronized to the other clients. We also tested the shooting, at the moment shooting is synchronized and also working succesfully as you can see on the picture. At the moment only one weapon is supported which might be changing or not. Now just a few things more and MTA v0.3b can be released, finally!

*gasp*, are we near?!

The release of 0.3 is closing in. We hope to release it within 7 days. People have waited long enough. This means we have to sacrifice the game modes and keep them for 0.4. What r we gonna work on this week?

* animations

* die when your dead

* we are working on it to improve data transfer speed (now theres lag when your UL is

Well, they didn't make the LAN party, but looks like we're finally in the home-home stretch...

Release of MTA v0.3b expected in 24 hours (29/05/2003 @ 00:48) by IJsVogel

The release of MTA v0.3b is expected within 24 hours.

The MTA v0.3b package will include: MTA and it's files to run, GTA3 Launcher, Dedicated Server and Dedicated Server config tool.

Features of MTA v0.3b:

- see each other walking

- see each other shooting

- see each other driving

- gamemode DM-gangs supported for now

- 6-12 players recommended for internet play

- GTA3:MTA servers visible in ASE (The All-Seeing Eye)

MTA v0.3b is optimized for GTA3 v1.1, and is not tested well with v1.0. So we recommend you to use GTA v1.1, although we made it possible to change the GTA3 version in MTA v0.3b.

Information about MTA v0.3b and further releases:

MTA v0.3b is the base of all the next releases of MTA. The delay was because of several things like my defect computer and stuff. Of course MTA v0.4 is not going to take so long. MTA v0.3b being the base means that the next releases won't take much time between each other. We will focus on gametypes, stability and especially on synchronization... probably we're going to use another type of synchronization in the next releases.

Features in further releases:

- gametypes like Capture The Whoopie, Speed, etc. (planned for MTA v0.4)

- completely synchronized game (and objects)

- stable programs.. no crashes, etc.

We hope you like MTA v0.3b, it will be available in the next 24 hours..

-The MTA Team

Better late than never I guess :P

That would've been a fun item during the lan party, but at least it adds to what we'll be doing during the next lan party.

I'm glad everyone @ the last one was all pumped up about playing Serious Sam 2. That is a totally wild game to play in multiplayer mode. I can definitely see it being played again @ the next one, but this time I'll setup the server accordingly to add some SPICE to the game!! Muhahahahahahaha.

Gixxer, that was a pretty sweet PC U had there. What all are U going to be doing to it b4 the next party?

-- Nem

Its here!!!!!

MTA v0.3b Released!!! (29/05/2003 @ 19:22 CEST) by IJsVogel

Check the downloads section for, finally the MTA v0.3b release!

---> Please download the MTA.PDF Manual file here!!!

---> There are some problems with the GTA3 Launcher.. just run MTA.

Hope you like it people, we did our best.

Grab It Here

• 4 weeks later...

The PC is pretty much done. I eventually need to get a nice display to go with it, but since I'm broke from pouring all of my money into the PC, I'll just stick with my CRT for now. The only thing I've done since the LAN party is overclock it to 3.26GHz, and 4% above the default on my video card.

I've been playing Vice City since the LAN party, and I CAN'T STOP! It's a blast.

Gix

Very nice!! Too bad mine is in the middle of the road... to someone that doesn't see modded cases, it will look sweet, but to someone that see's them all the time, it will be ordinary... Although there is a Aluminum case prize for Worst Computer Case!

I've been playing UT2k3 mostly.... GTA3:MTA seems to not be all it was pumped up to be... :blink:

• 3 months later...

Oh no, the thread, she is back.

In case no one has noticed, they released a new version of VC multiplayer. This one looks really sweet and seems to be coming along quite well.

(starts thinking about next lan party...) :rolleyes:

Dragon

Looks like v.2 of MTA:VC cut down on the bandwidth necessary, now if I can just find time to try it out. Anyone want to go to work for me? (but you don't get the check, sorry!)