GeForce 6800 Ultra

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm starting to wonder how long my 9800 pro is gonna last

I honestly wouldn't be too worried about it @ this time nor in the near future. It's not like that as soon as the pci-express is out, agp will be gone & un-supported. U have a # of years of good use still left in that card of yours.

-- Nem

Guest Major_Chaos

Theres more transistors than the pentium 4 on the new N40 chipset and requirs 2 power hookups adn recommended to have at least a 480 power supply, but acourding to those reviews bob posted the card destroys everything else on the market at just about everything...

Theres more transistors than the pentium 4 on the new N40 chipset and requirs 2 power hookups adn recommended to have at least a 480 power supply, but acourding to those reviews bob posted the card destroys everything else on the market at just about everything... 

My card is puny to this!

True, but that card is gonna cost $500 when it comes out, which is 45 days away yet. Besides, they are finally using Pixel Shader 2.0 that the ATI 9700 PRO brought to the table, like in games, FarCry, etc, and that card came out 18 months ago. Be happy, Game On!!

Besides, if your gonna wine, at least wait til ATI pulls out their new card too.... B)

but acourding to those reviews bob posted the card destroys everything else on the market at just about everything...
I sure as hell hope so. And I'm sure the new ATI cards will do the same thing. Don't know about you but I like my new generation cards to murder the last.

i'm starting to wonder how long my 9800 pro is gonna last

I wouldn't worry about it. I just replaced my Gf2 with the 9800pro and that was my main concern. It should make it a good 2 years or right about the time ATI drivers stop having support for the card like Nvidia did for my Gf2. My Gf2 almost made it 3 years(purchased June 2001). It didn't choke till Halo came around.

I can't believe you didn't uninstall you Nvidia drivers BO.b. Isn't that like putting a hex on your pc? B)

Dragon

the 9700 would only play max payne 2 everthing else crashed, my system, as long as something doesnt die, is accually stable under win xp pro my only problem it doesnt run all the dx9 stuffs on some games (reflections on max payne 2)

I can't believe you didn't uninstall you Nvidia drivers BO.b. Isn't that like putting a hex on your pc? B)

Hehe, well seeing that I have nVidia chipset on the m/b, I was actually afraid it would remove a common file and b0rk my system, so I tried with just leaving them in for now. If that caused issues, then I probably would have gotten some drivercleaner software to remove everything and put them back in after a reboot. What can I say, I live dangerously!! B)

the 9700 would only play max payne 2 everthing else crashed, my system, as long as something doesnt die, is accually stable under win xp pro my only problem it doesnt run all the dx9 stuffs on some games (reflections on max payne 2)

Hmmm, can't remember if I had to alter and/or update the vid card settings to get the juicy stuff like the reflections (which look awesome btw!!) after I put my 9800 Pro in. Hmmm, I'm using the 4.3 Catalyst's straight from ATI. (although I'm intrigued with the Omega drivers, unless I find something not working correctly with ATI's then I'll consider theirs.) What driver vrs/set are you using?

useing the latest drivers of the nvidia cards 56.72, says they mak them dx9 compadible but just will not turn that on and it runs at aboot 60 fps i think, never fliped that on to see does not feel any slow down except when there is a smoke effect next to the camera (cant figure that one out happens in cs also) but all runs well, except the far cry demo that only work on one vrs of the drivers now it looks like he has turrets sysdrone... gotta get the full vers of that