GeForce 6800 Ultra

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ain't got time to read dat shit boy B) . I always take in everything from Tom's with a grain of salt.

I have a feeling with the release of these new cards, its going to turn into a real prick-waving contest between ATI and Nvidia. Both seem to be fully capable of kicking some major ass.

So, who's going to be the guinea pig and buy one of the cards? B)

Dragon

Here are more opinions for ya:

Anand's Tech

Hard OCP 6800 preview

Hard OCP Tech article

Beyond 3D

Here's also a vid of Unreal Engine 3 running on one of those new nVidia cards: Unreal Engine3 vid

well i guess the is is generation card im buying so i just may be the tester for it ill wait for the 6900 version to come out should have the hw and driver bugs out of it by then, dont need a fubar situation like my friend and his radon 9700 (it didnt like opengl)

i almost baught a 5950 feeeeeew

I think the biggest thing about this jump that this GeForce card is going to do is raise the bar for graphics cards that have been moving along pretty slowly as of late.

I'll probably end up picking one up as the beginning of my next computer I build.

damn it, i just bought my card and it is out of date already

Welcome to the world of PCs.... B) Leave your wallet and a kidney at the door... B)

well i guess the is is generation card im buying so i just may be the tester for it ill wait for the 6900 version to come out should have the hw and driver bugs out of it by then, dont need a fubar situation like my friend and his radon 9700 (it didnt like opengl)

i almost baught a 5950 feeeeeew

The 9700 did have a couple growing pains at first (SimCity4 comes to mind), but the card still rocked. In fact, a bunch that come to the LANs have 'em! About the only problem I recall them recently having with them had to do with their LCD monitors not displaying the screen correctly at game boot. Which wouldn't happen if they were still using old sk00l CRT monitors. B)

My friend has a 9700 and about half the games he plays crashes with it. Including UT2004, Warcraft3 and just about everything else. Luckily Wolf doesn't crash too often B)

He needs to install better drivers...

My friend has a 9700 and about half the games he plays crashes with it. Including UT2004, Warcraft3 and just about everything else. Luckily Wolf doesn't crash too often B)

He needs to install better drivers...

I'll 2nd that.... all of my games (UT, UT2k4, Ut2k4 demo, FarCry, CoD, MaxPayne2, Halo, BF, JA, etc) have all played with the same rock solid stabilty that I had with my GeForce3 Ti200. Zero crashes to date since I put in my 9800 PRO and I never uninstalled the nVidia display drivers either!!

Its started... we're surprised why?!

ATI readies PCI Express Radeon X880 XT

partial rip

"Unlike the Ultra, the X800 Pro contains 12 rather than 16 pixel pipelines. However, its big brother, the Radeon X800 XT, due to chip on 31 May, according to the report, will feature 16 pixel pipelines, along with a core clocked at 600MHz and memory running at 1.2GHz."