new ATI babies

B.Ob.

Dragon, I think we could do a better review than that. In fact I think its about the most boring hardware review I've seen. :flush: I think its time ATI heard from NTAC. We have multiple different systems to test them with for compatability and performance testing, and I'm sure we could make a much more attractive, proffesional review due to our various computer backgrounds and idea's. Bob :snore: , Nem :barney: ...Lets put together a proposal and send it the their Public Relations dept ASAP. :bonk:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see that someone likes the idea of spreading our name to ATi.

I'll look into contacting them soon & see what I can turn up.

-- Nem B)

p.s. -- Now that Wargasm is back, I just can't help myself w/ doing this...

Wargasm's favorite shows is :barney:

I dont think so. I think Nem dressed up as me under his :barney: suit to throw you guys off. Apparently it worked, at least on Chaos :dork:

Nem said he's looking into contactin ATI. I thought I told him I already have the addresses and email B) ....But I'll wait and see what he comes up with. :popc:

I'd like to go see VH. When/where are they playing? I have a few friends in the local stagehands union, so I may be able to get a few extra frills if I go to the show. Maybe even get backstage, though if I were in the band, I'd only want to let babes backstage....hehe :vomit:

looks like this guy had a little too much beer

Nem said he's looking into contactin ATI. I thought I told him I already have the addresses and email  ....But I'll wait and see what he comes up with  <<-- Wargasm

I saw your info regarding ATi & I plan on using it soon Wargasm. Try being patient, I know that's a difficult thing for an old fogie, Van Halen junkie, like yourself to do :bump:

-- Nem

I'd like to go see VH. When/where are they playing? I have a few friends in the local stagehands union, so I may be able to get a few extra frills if I go to the show. Maybe even get backstage, though if I were in the band, I'd only want to let babes backstage....hehe

looks like this guy had a little too much beer

Your kidding me? Dude, your my best friend!!!

Ticket went on sale this past Saturday. They're playing at HSBC on June 14th. I haven't gotten tickets yet. I wanted to see if I could get a couple people to go. My bro wants to go but he's going to the races that weekend. I do plan on going though if you want to go, we could make a party of it. Email or Im me and we can figure something out. :lol:

Dragon

I was a little concerned when reading the new ATI specs about their choice of Samsung RAM, since its been my experience that Samsung pruducts have a life expectance of under 18 months, so I asked them about it.

Response - As this time samsung is the only company offering DDR3. You will get a 3 year warranty with your product for parts. So your card can be replaced within that time period

After 3yrs, I'm sure that card would be in our 2nd or 3rd PC's, not our game systems. :bump:

Hmmmm, my (and I would imagine Nem's and Dragon's also) Sapphire 9800 PRO 128 Meg has Samsung RAM chips on it, 8 of them in fact. So it will be interesting to see how it lasts....Can't be worse that my GF3 where the fan nearly stopped on it within the first year!

I dont think I ever checked the ram on my 9000.

Were you able to find the right fan to replace it? The little ones you find on the studio's removable HDD sleeves were tough to find, and not cheap...till I decided to get the $10 HDD cooler and salvage the fans. They have 3. Beats paying $10-$12 a pop.

Dragon, I'll find out if any of them are supposed to work the show. I imagine tkts wont be cheap. Maybe they'll be shorthanded, and I can get in to work the show myself, though that would usually be a last minute deal. Do you know how much tkts are?

Were you aboe to find the right fan to replace it? The little ones you find on the studio's removable HDD sleeves were tough to find, and not cheap...till I decided to get the $10 HDD cooler and salvage the fans. They have 3. Beats paying $10-$12 a pop.

Yeah, I ended up getting a ThermalTake Blue Orb (had to match the blue heat sinks on the RAM). Think I paid $13 for it... I think it was HeftySmurf that had done the same thing to his GF3, but before the stock fan died (like mine). Also, Dragon replaced the HSF on his 9800 PRO with a darn nice one.... Forgot what it was thou.... Dragon?

I've got a blue orb here somewhere...I dont think I used it, but I'm not sure. Got a super mini orb too, I think I stuck on that old celeron 300a, which means its mounted on a board in a cardboard box. I dont know if I even have a PS for it, since I think its an AT pwr connector. I need to dig all those old boards out of my closet and see whats there. I got some old chips too, maybe we could make a display. A couple 486DX2's, Pentium 60(skt 4) and 166(preMMX), Celeron300A, P2/350...I think thats all my intel cpu's. Theyre almost antiques now. Good for a newbie who wants to learn how to build a computer.

You could sell 'em on eBay, like PurSuiT does, and use the cashola for an upgrade!!! The newer games will make your video card cry for mercy....

Were you aboe to find the right fan to replace it? The little ones you find on the studio's removable HDD sleeves were tough to find, and not cheap...till I decided to get the $10 HDD cooler and salvage the fans. They have 3. Beats paying $10-$12 a pop.

Yeah, I ended up getting a ThermalTake Blue Orb (had to match the blue heat sinks on the RAM). Think I paid $13 for it... I think it was HeftySmurf that had done the same thing to his GF3, but before the stock fan died (like mine). Also, Dragon replaced the HSF on his 9800 PRO with a darn nice one.... Forgot what it was thou.... Dragon?

The item that Dragon uses on his Radeon 9800 Pro is called "Artic VGA Silencer". Here's the LINK for it. For a pricetag of $14.95, it's well worth it. This peticular link is for Rev 3, I don't know which Rev of that cooler Dragon is using.

Hope this helps.

-- Nem