new ATI babies

B.Ob.

Check it!!

partial rip: Recently we received confirmation that the first retail samples of ATI's R420 (AGP Radeon X800) will debut April 26 as Radeon X800 Pro. NVIDIA's NV40 (GeForce 6800) officially launches April 13th, but retail availability will occur around April 26th. Notice the NV40 product to be released April 13th is GeForce 6800, not GeForceFX 6800. ATI's naming scheme for R420 has been closely guarded as well, but the open term we hear from vendors is "Radeon X800."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this post on the main page by Kyle over at hardocp.com -

ATI Pipelines:

Rumors are flying, but here is a bit of fact for you. ATI's next-gen part, codenamed "R420," will in fact be a full 16 pipeline VPU. You can take that to the bank, put it in your pipe and smoke it, or do whatever you want to do with it.

are you ragging on my card?

Absolutely not!! I'm a new computer hardware junky..... I need a fix every 6 mins...

You could try it for a little bit just to see what you can get out of it. Worse that can happen is you'll get artifacts, unless your crazy and turn it up has high as the ocing program your using lets you. Then your just asking for trouble.

I'm giving mine probably one more week of burn in then I'm going to oc mine to see where it goes. I probably won't keep it there since mine too is running like a champ. It'll be nice to see how far it goes though. Just don't want any surprises when I do oc it for good just to find out I can only got 5mhz more on the core and mem.

Here's a link to Atitool, get crackin'. B)

Dragon

ATI X800XT ends up even faster

partial rip: "The canaries are singing that 12 pipelines, 475MHz/950MHz card with 96 bit precision and PS 2.0 shader only will end up faster then 16 pipelines, 400MHz /1100MHz cards with 128 bit precision and PS 3.0 shader model."

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on hardocp.com

"FarCry On R420:

We have a top secret spy photo of FarCry running on ATi’s next-gen hardware, the R420. The level of realism you will see in this screenshot are nothing short of breath taking…it is almost like you are actually there. Thanks to our secret agent Lee Millerchip for the humorous spy photo."

FarCry on the R420

:cheer:

FOR SALE: ATi RADEON X800 PRO 256MB DDR AGP8X TVO/DVI (Retail)

partial rip: "The ATI RADEON™ X800 PRO delivers frame rates that surpass any previous graphics processor making it the world’s most powerful VPU. With up to two times the performance of the acclaimed RADEON™ 9800 PRO, the RADEON™ X800 PRO provides an extremely smooth, responsive HD gaming experience, putting capable gamers in complete control of even the most demanding game titles. A radically new architecture based on the latest .13 micron, low-k manufacturing process with ultra fast and efficient GDDR3 memory combine to produce extreme data rates and unbelievable acceleration in a quiet, cool, single-slot solution."