ati 9800 pro 256MB

Guest Major_Chaos

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad gang, I posted "inaccurate" results. I forgot that I recently updated my system BIOS & it defaulted back to "lesser" settings, which is what the first benchmark was based off. Once adjusted, the results were MUCHO better, as U'll see below...

dm-rankin

19.221830 / 49.659828 / 120.851166 fps

Score = 49.842796

as-convoy

10.566588 / 31.927511 / 91.057343 fps

Score = 32.197018

ons-torlan

11.002316 / 50.034294 / 83.094070 fps

Score = 49.979866

br-colossus

18.378016 / 50.133415 / 147.398239 fps

Score = 50.546028

ctf-bridgeoffate

21.892473 / 66.554146 / 154.215637 fps

Score = 67.142380

I watched the whole benchmark & never once saw a slowdown, even on the Assault-Convoy board. Very impressive. I know I'm much happier now w/ these results!!!

-- Nem :rolleyes:

I haven't played the map yet, looking forward to it though cause it looks good. The Benchmark ran it w/o slowdown, which truly surprised me cause I'm aware of what boards like that should do.

-- Nem

I haven't played the map yet, looking forward to it though cause it looks good.  The Benchmark ran it w/o slowdown, which truly surprised me cause I'm aware of what boards like that should do.

-- Nem

Ummmm, you didn't have a discriminating eye watching the demo then... If the logs show a 10.5 minimum framerate, you can usually pick that out. Perhaps it just appeared smooth still because of the card you were used to.....

OK you Meatheads, I finally broke down & played Assault-Convoy & still got NO SLOWDOWN whatsoever. The board just flew thru all the stages. I even parked myself outside of one of the convoy vehicles & looked around, no slowdown there either. I LOVE my new video card!!!

This was all done w/o the use of a "discriminating eye" as B.Ob. so lovingly put it earlier B)

So far I'm running the game @ 1024x768x32. I'm using the Catalyst 4.3 drivers on Win2k Pro w/ sp4.

I'll eventually get around to updating my signature to reflect the new hardware I have in my pc.

-- Nem

I haven't played the map yet, looking forward to it though cause it looks good.  The Benchmark ran it w/o slowdown, which truly surprised me cause I'm aware of what boards like that should do.

-- Nem

Ummmm, you didn't have a discriminating eye watching the demo then... If the logs show a 10.5 minimum framerate, you can usually pick that out. Perhaps it just appeared smooth still because of the card you were used to.....

I had Major Chaos play that board on my system & he couldn't come across any slowdown, whether inside the vehicles or out. He actually wetted himself a # of times w/ how well it ran while getting plastered all over the board :wacko:

-- Nem ;)