Time Warner Buffalo migration

Looks like the IP change happened Sunday morning. It seems like some (down Orchard Park way) are completely without internet access because they are not getting a public IP currently. Of the 2 modem's I've seen working, the premier one is getting horrible speed, and the other is getting decent speeds, but having trouble getting to some sites, my.yahoo.com, ebay.com, plus others... (like WCG reporting)

Yup, thank god we have an inside guy to give us a heads up on these things.

Mine didn't come back till sometime this afternoon. So, we getting a boost in speeds from this or is TW going to start giving us the shaft too :P . B)

Dragon

well your not on the front lines man!... and yea my modem with should be on premier is set to basic for some strange reason, aka "terible speeds" and learned first hand you cant frag on that damnit B)

well your not on the front lines man!... and yea my modem with should be on premier is set to basic for some strange reason, aka "terible speeds" and learned first hand you cant frag on that damnit :)

You have my sympathy!!! B)

Yup, thank god we have an inside guy to give us a heads up on these things.

Mine didn't come back till sometime this afternoon. So, we getting a boost in speeds from this or is TW going to start giving us the shaft too :P . :P

Dragon

Glad to hear your back up. A buddy of mine a few blocks from me is still not getting an IP... :( I told him patience...

Looks like most/all the routing problems are fine from here now. Although my premier modem is still under speed, but MUCH better that it was yesterday!!

Cool beans!! Did someone have to update the provisioning for your modem? or did time heal all?

well your not on the front lines man!... and yea my modem with should be on premier is set to basic for some strange reason, aka "terible speeds" and learned first hand you cant frag on that damnit :(

My comment was directed at another member of our elite group actually B) . I had forgotten you work there too.

I don't understand though, why did they hit everyone at once or were they doing it in sections? Seems like they just decided to turn the lights out on everyone and hoped when they turned them back on everyone was still there. :P

Dragon

My premier was still getting 245k up and down til I called them. Back in the fast lane again!! B)

Nice speeds there Pursuit. YES Pursuit, we are all drooling over those speeds, I wouldn't mind them myself B)

And yes Dragon, I knew who your comment was direct at, which is why I was staying silent till now. I think my headache from having to deal w/ all the Buffalo peeps is finally starting to subside now. If you can ONLY imagine the amount of whinning & complaining I had to put up with... :P

To say that TWC could've OR should've done things differently is a moot point now, so I'm not going to get into it.

If U all haven't noticed yet, U now have a new set of IP's which are starting with 98.x.x.x Those IP's are why the issues exsist in terms of routing & secure website access problems. As for the modem speeds for those of us who have the Premier Speed lvl's, Conan was right about the provisioning platform dropping the ball & screwing U till U call us & get the modem file fixed. Right now the speeds for those modems are set to 254kbps up & down. I have NO IDEA as to why, it just is.

Bob, I'm glad U called in the other day & got it fixed, I was going to call & tell U to do so, but U beat me to it. Our mutual friend there that helped ya mentioned that U called.

To say that the issues there have been fully resolved would be an understatement, but @ least things are starting to get better now.

Enjoy your new ISP!!!

-- Nem

Bob, I'm glad U called in the other day & got it fixed, I was going to call & tell U to do so, but U beat me to it. Our mutual friend there that helped ya mentioned that U called.

Yeah, I talked to Justin initially and he said "Rob says HI", but its been too long and was not sure who it was... :P

*edit* Thanks Nemesis!! Tell Rob he needs to come to more LANs B)

Yeah, I talked to Justin initially and he said "Rob says HI", but its been too long and was not sure who it was... :(

*edit* Thanks Nemesis!! Tell Rob he needs to come to more LANs :P

He knows B.Ob., his kids are driving him nuts w/ wanting to come to the events & not being able to b/c Daddy is slackin. It shouldn't be much longer till he cracks & they all start showing up again on a regular basis B)

-- Nem

I think TW is slipping as far as speeds.

Here is a break down that I have been seeing for broadband services in the WNY area just from posts on our forums. Anyone that thinks that free and wireless means slow is sadly mistaken.

Sip and Surf Wireless serive - FREE (Parts of South Buffalo and Kenmore)

122973721.png

Std Time Warner Road Runner service - $44.95

120950673.png

Priemer Time Warner Road Runner service - $54.95

120412512.png

Verizon FIOS 20/5Mb - $49.95

120982973.png

Looking for more wireless services in WNY. If anyone knows of any let me know.