3dmark Scores

ParoxysM

My new 8800 GTS - 9647 in 3dMark 2k6.

Nice score, where is the link so ppl can compare full hardware specs, ppl with the same specs and different CPU as me are up over 8000 and what was the price of the card, Just wondering if they are under $300 yet.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate signing up for shit. My sig is where I am at. I paid a little south of 4 for it. nice card but not a tremendo upgrade from the 7900gt despite mad more frames. U can get a 320mb version for 300 or less but it hurts u at higher rez and i have to play crazy res to be native (1920x1200). I was tempted by the GTX but that is just too expensive.

I hate signing up for shit. My sig is where I am at. I paid a little south of 4 for it. nice card but not a tremendo upgrade from the 7900gt despite mad more frames. U can get a 320mb version for 300 or less but it hurts u at higher rez and i have to play crazy res to be native (1920x1200). I was tempted by the GTX but that is just too expensive.

There is no signing up, it takes you to the site at the end of the benchmark. Unless you are running an old rev of 3dmark06 just to gain 200 points. I only trust links back to thier site, so I can see what hardware ppl are using. I call bullshit. ;) Download the newest rev of 3dmark06 and post the link it takes you to at the end. Otherwise the scores do not tell the whole story

This is perfecti0n's new PC. Hmmm, something is not right:

Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, 108 MHz / 324 MHz

2048 MB

P5N32-E SLI PLUS

Hmmm, been finding stuff like this searching around, e6600 @ 3.0GHz + 8800GTS w/640 @ stock + vista = 3DMark06 of 8661. Maybe that 8357 is in the ballpark after all. I'm still gonna check the mem for proper speed and settings once I get cpu-z on it thou.

Hmmm, a wonder what installing updated onboard sounds drivers and a reboot will do: 8680

I noticed the FSB:DRAM ratio is 2:3, and the mem is running at slower timings. So put those on the short list to fix.

BOb do you fail at putting computers together?

I'm surpised there isn't more torrent support for 3d mark.

I am DL'ing now. I haven't tested in a while and I think it was on the previous version. I wonder how much my new faster RAM will help.

Edited by irons

BOb do you fail at putting computers together?

I'm surpised there isn't more torrent support for 3d mark.

I am DL'ing now. I haven't tested in a while and I think it was on the previous version. I wonder how much my new faster RAM will help.

It was a rush job, as he was leaving for Pittsburgh the following day. I did not even put the Zalmann on yet, but I gotta say the Intel retail HSF is ridicously easy to put on!!!! Also, it POST'd fine first try!! B)

I doubt your extra ram will help your score any. Unless you had a major change from like CAS 3 to 2, or similar, but it would still be a small difference.

I thought my $45 HSF was expensive...that one is $65 shipped on sale.

The command rate had the biggest effect by far on my benchmark scores, next was the CAS latency. New memory has so much bandwidth that the timings don't have to be as tight.

hl2e1-1024.png

I thought my $45 HSF was expensive...that one is $65 shipped on sale.

The command rate had the biggest effect by far on my benchmark scores, next was the CAS latency. New memory has so much bandwidth that the timings don't have to be as tight.

Thanks, good to know!! His is running at 5/5/5/18 1T now and should/will be at 4/4/4/12 eventually.

Yeah, it's a pretty HSF!! I want to get temps with stock clock and stock hsf at idle and 100% load first.

B)

• 2 weeks later...