3dmark Scores

ParoxysM

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least I have been loading more and more on my XP64 boot... Soon I think I will be comfortable enough to make it my primary OS. I'm just uncertain what happens when my 120 day trial is over... will it just ask me for a credit card and I can continue, or will it just stop working and expect me to go to the store a buy a new copy, thus doing a fresh install....

32Bit Windows can only use 3.3GB no matter what. It is a limitation of the OS. WinXP and Vista 64-bit platforms are limited to 128GB and most likely the motherboard used does not support more the 4GB to 16GB though

My MB goes up to 8gigs and That was going to be my Xmas present to myself but the prices on the 2gigs haven't come down enough yet.

I'm just uncertain what happens when my 120 day trial is over... will it just ask me for a credit card and I can continue, or will it just stop working and expect me to go to the store a buy a new copy, thus doing a fresh install....

No clue, I never went that route before....

Just got my ram today.

In Windows XP home I get 3.41gigs available and in XP 64 I get 4.19 gigs available.

B)

Well I plugged in my 2nd x1950pro 512meg pcie card for crossfire...

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/resultan...mp;UID=11348427

10530 is my score w/ out tweaking it yet... but I haven't tweaked because when I am running any 3d app, my screen turns into a unviewable blocked cable channel with vertical lines scroling up my screen.... I'm trying to trouble shoot it...

Also having that 2nd card in Windows xp Home edition brought my ram down to 3.1gigs... go figure...

Edited by DaPoets

Nice, forgot what PurSuiT's score was when he had dual 1950PROs. Oh well, off to work for me....

Man you posted that at 6:13am... what time do you wake up for work??

My alarm is set for 5:30am. Gotta be in downtown Rochester by 8am. Yes, I commute every day!!

B.Ob. doesn't sleep, he only hibernates when his battery reaches 10%

I wish.... man, I'd get SO MUCH more done!

High electric bill... High Gasoline bill... man...

It beats going to bars and drinking or gambling my $$ away on a daily basis!!! :harhar:

from what I am discovering, people are having issues w/ x1950pros on crossfire when they have a monitor connected that needs the DVI adabpter...

quote for another site:

"Edit: I found out why I get the waves, it is because of the converter to my monitor(I have to use the dvi to D sub converter) I used another monitor with a dvi cord and there is no interference! So I either a. have to get anotehr montior or b. get crossfire to work without a dongle so the signal isn't converted so many times. Any help would be extremely appreciated!"

so this is my problem I think... I just need to try a flat screen that doesn't need that adapter to see if that is my problem and I don't have one available... I borrowed someone's for an hour but I needed to use an adapter for theirs too unfortunately.

from what I am discovering, people are having issues w/ x1950pros on crossfire when they have a monitor connected that needs the DVI adabpter...

quote for another site:

"Edit: I found out why I get the waves, it is because of the converter to my monitor(I have to use the dvi to D sub converter) I used another monitor with a dvi cord and there is no interference! So I either a. have to get anotehr montior or b. get crossfire to work without a dongle so the signal isn't converted so many times. Any help would be extremely appreciated!"

so this is my problem I think... I just need to try a flat screen that doesn't need that adapter to see if that is my problem and I don't have one available... I borrowed someone's for an hour but I needed to use an adapter for theirs too unfortunately.

I had that issues until I changed out my DVI cable to a better quliaty one (bob and I have DELL OEM cables if you want one) and Do you have the monitor driver loaded also or does it say generic/plugin play in your device manager list?