Overclocked, where you at??

ParoxysM

Nice, never took the time to lap myself. Guess it does really lower it a couple of degrees C.

Are you just OC'n the cpu's fsb, nothing else? (ram, etc.)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah my 3dmark06 score is low and I have been trying to analyze my system to determine where I am going wrong. I am thinking that it's my ram, it is very cheap ram even though it's pc2-6400 but I bought it over a month ago for only $88 (2 gigs). The ram I do have overclocked a bit but I can only get it to run at about 900mhz before the system doesn't boot. I'm going to run lots of stress tests over the next few days and then re-run 3dmark06.

Honestly, I wouldn't mess with the ram, run it at 800mhz, with the same or slightly slower (larger) timings than what the mem is rated for. That might mean adjusting the mem/cpu divider is the m/b requires you to do that.

I would think for your quad, your cpu score would be over half that 3dmark06 score.

havent done tweaking ressently

also running at stock speeds logically my cpu is 2000mhz, my mobo has a 1000mhz fsb, memorry at 1066mhz so shouldnt be any bottlenecks

still gotta fill thoes other 2 memory slots and a second 1650xt wanna see this crossfire in action

DaPoets, as a reference. Here is my score 6036

You can look under the config tab for my specs, which are basically an Opty (dual core) 170 clocked up to 2.8GHz, 2G of ram, and a x1900XTX (stock clocks) video card.

Also note worthy to compare:

SM 2.0 Score 2330 Marks

SM 3.0 Score 2635 Marks

CPU Score 2088 Marks

Your CPU should be WAY ahead of mine, where my vid card should be a bit higher than yours.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...