ParoxysM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is with a room temp of 71.5'F

cpu28.jpg

temp28.jpg

My ATI x1900XTX is running stock at gpu 648, mem 774.

Running ATI Catalyst 6.6 and Overdrive keeps crashing, so maybe I'll run it again when I update to newer Catalysts.

HTT on cpu-Z seems to be the same as HTT source on GCPUID. My mem is still not optimized... but then I just got my 700w power supply and installed, so I could put it back up to 2.8. It seems the severe OC was what was killing the P/S's.

Speaking of, your vid card seems to have a MUCH lower idle temp than mine, you running stock cooling? If so, what is the room temperature?

HTT on cpu-Z seems to be the same as HTT source on GCPUID. My mem is still not optimized... but then I just got my 700w power supply and installed, so I could put it back up to 2.8. It seems the severe OC was what was killing the P/S's.

Speaking of, your vid card seems to have a MUCH lower idle temp than mine, you running stock cooling? If so, what is the room temperature?

If you look at the pic his Vid is not OC'd the sliders are just moved up.

I have stock cooling on the card, and the fan casing is actually cracked (was shipped that way). My room (basement) temp is 55F-60F. I installed a fan controller attaching the CPU and back 120s, but I generally don't increase the speed.

I took a screenshot of my 3D settings while in 2D, so obviously it's not going to be the current speed. I can set the speeds higher than CCC allows with another util, but I dont receive that much more fps to be worth it.

I have to update my sig when I get home as my 3dmark scores went up. Funny story - I benched my system before installing 2x512MB Corsair XMS (that was laying around from previous computer), then had to change my memory timing in order to boot. My benchmarks were almost 40% lower going from 2GB @ 1T to 3GB @ 2T, so I remove the sticks and set the timings back. I rebenched and scores were a lot higher, but nothing else changed. For example 3DMark2005 I scored 10030 before and 11940 after, 19% higher!!

I took a screenshot of my 3D settings while in 2D, so obviously it's not going to be the current speed. I can set the speeds higher than CCC allows with another util, but I dont receive that much more fps to be worth it.

I just noted that due to bob's question on the temp.

3dmark060-x1950Pro.JPG

Not quite as high on 3dmark2006 but close, that is with my card OC'd using OverDrive.

Wow, darn nice considering the price you paid for that card!!! What clocks you getting with Overdrive?

633/797

Bench's I have seen in CF mod getting 8500 to 9000, also I did not keep my card at that as I had to have my side panel off just to keep the case cool. So I can see it over heating after about an hour or so of gaming.

x1950Pro, thinking about ordering another one.

What is the 3DMark06 score at stock speeds?

have to wait until I get home, as I tested that the first night I got it and up the pic, was going to post a thread that night but never did. I would also like to raise my CPU back to 2.4Ghz and try it, should get me 100 to 200 more overal points as looking at my old bench's on futuremarks website my CPU score was 1780 when I was OC'd to 2.4.