January's LAN Party Extravaganza

B.Ob.

Did Shuttle send you guys one of their new mid-tower cases?

We got some nice stuff, but that wasn't one of them.

And just so this stays visible:

Special thanks to all the sponsors that sent us stuff for LPE 6:

Geeks.com

Shuttle

Ideazon

Vroom Foods

Bawls

nvidia

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its probably too late for this lan but some games ive revisited lately and have been an absolute joy at lans have been:

Aliens vs Predator 2 (so much fun)

Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries

Not sure if they were ever mainstream with you guys but man are they just plain fun :Busted:

/me hides Dragon's eyes from AvP2....

That was a fun game!!! :Busted:

Don't recall playing MW4 too much thou... Think I lost interest after MW3.

Its probably too late for this lan but some games ive revisited lately and have been an absolute joy at lans have been:

Not sure if they were ever mainstream with you guys but man are they just plain fun :Busted:

I would say we keep those in mind for the smaller Feb LAN at Bob's or else we spend 1/2 the LAN helping ppl install games they did not have preinstalled before hand and no time playing. :Busted: I am all in for it next month.

Looking from the votes to be something like this

Will have 4 games broken up in to 3 hours each maybe more if ppl are really into one or the other. To start will have (2) FEAR Servers up CTF and TeamDM 16 player each. The BF's will most likely be grouped together as I can run BF42, BF2 and BF2142 all at the same time on my server (24 Player servers), same as I do on the NET 24/7. Flatout2 we will bust out around dinner time as a filler and HL2 DM for a bit later in the night. Quake4 I know is #6 and I have the server read to go, but that depends on who has it installed and ready to go.

Been playing AvP2 with friends lately - its soo much fun. Its actually a little bit scary and exciting at the same time. Especially when the aliens and preds are on the loose. You can get jumped from any direction - including the ceilings and walls ! - and the little motion radar blipping off you know somethings coming to eat ya, lol. Good stuff. You can play it classic fps style and just run the marines / corporates - or you can get crazy and run the aliens and preds. Getting hunted by aliens players as the marines i got to say is exciting, scary, and major fun.

MW4 is great as well. Running the maps or arena is great fun - then everyone can trick out thier mechs with the armor and weapons loadouts they prefer.

All around some fun stuff. Even after all this time the games rock.

Edited by WarSpartan

Yeah, we keep talking about AvP2 but never get to it. I love playing as the alien and scaring the crap out of Nemesis which usually involved dropping down from the ceiling behind him.

I played MW3 with a couple friends. We never played at the lans though as MW3 is kind of complicated to learn and I would easily wipe the floor with everyone for awhile. I didn't like MW4 at all. They took out some features that made the game what it was. I never forgave the series for that one and never touched MW4.

Like PurSuit said we can't play everything at the lan, especially at the VFW lans. You could always fire it up but chances are you'd be playing by yourself ;) . I'd be happy to mow your a$$ down in MW3 at one of the normal lans anytime though. B)

Dragon

When I first went from MW3 to MW4 I actually hated it too. The pacing was different, and the way you drove the mechs was a little different. However I revisited it a little after that and found that once you gave the new stuff a chance it was quite good. It had become one of my favorites. Im playing it again now and its still hot ;) I think if you try it now after being so long away from mw3 it might be enjoyable. From a single player perspective doing the arenas was as much fun as playing the campaign too. Multi you can fight on the normal maps or set it to play arena matches, good stuff.

As for AvP2, definatley I love being the marine, i'll take on the aliens anytime.

Not sure if they were ever mainstream with you guys but man are they just plain fun B)

Ahhh, AvP2 brings back LOTS of memories, mostly bad for the Aliens as Dragon & Mindbender can vouch for me on that one ;)

WarSpartan, I think we'll have to get that game going again @ the Feb lan, it'll be riot to play after all this time. I always like playing as the Marine, the scare factor is alot higher for that class than the others, but well worth it. I was thinking that U & Me could go hunting for the Dragon & MindBender Aliens, whatcha think?!

Other games that I would like to see make a future showing...

Jedi Knight Academy

No One Lives Forever 2

Descent 3

-- Nem

Definately - Im game to go alien hunting for sure. I know another guy who will come fore sure as well for it. I also found a couple map packs for the game - so if we get bored with the originals at some point theres another 400 + maps to check out. Some different scenarios and all that jazz too if we want.

NOLF 2 sounds great as well.

I never did play Jedi KA or Desc 3.

Definately - Im game to go alien hunting for sure. I know another guy who will come fore sure as well for it. I also found a couple map packs for the game - so if we get bored with the originals at some point theres another 400 + maps to check out. Some different scenarios and all that jazz too if we want.

NOLF 2 sounds great as well.

I never did play Jedi KA or Desc 3.

Post the link for the MapPacks U found for AvP2, I would like to see those.

Descent 3 is a great game, it's like UT, but in freefall. Instead of walking around, U r flying around picking up stuff & fragging as U go.

JKA is sweet, especially if U are a Star Wars fan.

-- Nem

http://aliensvspredator2.filefront.com/fil...s/Map_Packs;172

The good one is Ultimate Map Pack 2. Then you can pick up Updater 1.0 and 2.0 for even more maps.

If anyone has interest in the MW4 Mercs game there is a site that has a huge mech pack which adds like 40 new mechs and a boatload of weapons and maps to the game. I just finished grabbing that one.

One thing I like about revisiting oldie but goodie games is theres so much good stuff that people make for better games. Gotta love the community ;)