BF 2142 Demo

B.Ob.

Downloaded, will install tonight...

It will be up tonight, and every night til the lan from 7pm til dawn

BF2142 Demo server - WNYGamersClub.com (if necessary - 69.161.66.61)

Interestingly, ve3d.com runs a weekly poll, which this week was:

Are you buying Battlefield 2142? (votes: 2229)

Yes - 323

Nope - 1342

Maybe - 303

Reviews - 261

They said they were gonna mercy kill the poll. Kinda interesting results.... thoughts?

My feels exactly. I had a feeling it was going to be oh hum. We'll have to see when the full version comes out if that changes anyones' mind, mine included. I think we're looking at a dead duck even before it ships though.

And most of you know how gun-ho I've been about the series since I started playing BF1942. :o

Dragon

My feels exactly. I had a feeling it was going to be oh hum. We'll have to see when the full version comes out if that changes anyones' mind, mine included. I think we're looking at a dead duck even before it ships though.

And most of you know how gun-ho I've been about the series since I started playing BF1942. :P

Dragon

WARNING... I may be under the influence of Alcohol on this one... I actually agree w/ Dragon, I'm not that all impressed w/ BF2142 :o

Oh well, back to playing Titan Quest!!

I so can not wait for this upcoming LAN Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Nem

Im a HUGE Battlefield 2 fan.

But im not enjoying BF2142 much at all. Feels very one dimensional, hate the extraneous movement motion effects, hitting anything as infantry is a real crap shoot even if your aim is solid. Giving the vehicles only one ammo type / weapon type...wtf ? So in the future instead of improving our ability to perform warfare, we just get worse ?!?

The mechs which would have been uber cool are just so blah. Its like driving in a shaky tank from BF2 with bad controls, lol. Heck you dont even have even a modest veritcal firing capacity with them.

Overall it really feels like half the game BF2 was with worse mechanics.

I make great kills and am usually one of the top scoreres, but Im just not feeling it. Ill give it a little more time and see if my feelings change. Ive gone from outright hating it to, it's okay but just not something great, and a few other games espeically BF2 do a much better job.

Thats my take.

Battlefield 2142 Preview

"Still, Battlefield 2142 seems to be to Battlefield 2 what Battlefield Vietnam was to Battlefield 1942; more of an incremental upgrade than the next major installment in the series. It remains to be seen how the game holds up after extended play -- perhaps the changes have more profound effects on the gameplay once players adjust to them, and I have yet to try any of the unlocks -- but so far most of the changes seem quite conservative. The game is new and improved, but it's not necessarily as different as the new setting might suggest."

ok. I got to play a little one on one last night. or two on two. In other words I got time to play with the toys. Not overly impress.

Team sabatoge without TK's is VERY easy. EMP's for one. Two crashing VTOL's causes TK on the guy you smashed into. Cuz yea know.... pilots are infailable.... or something...

Soo... after playing for 2 soild hours last night, uninstalled, stopped torrenting, deleted file.

/washes hands

Done with it.

Team sabatoge without TK's is VERY easy.

No kidding. All you have to do is grab an aircraft and ram it into anyone or vehicle on your team. Not only do you not get penalized for the teamkill - THE GUY ON YOUR TEAM YOU JUST TK'ED GETS THE PENALTY !!! I was killed 3 time in one round by a guy doing that and it said I just tk'ed him and i got the penalty EACH TIME.

Bull F'ing S***.

Oh and since we know how long it takes EA to put out a reasonable patch to fix this kind of stuff no way im messing with this game for about 3-6 months. Probably not at all in the end as BF2 way more fun even with its own set of bugs.

Edited by WarSpartan