BF 2142 Demo

B.Ob.

This week sees the release of the BF2142 Demo, through several channels and pre-order systems already in place.

The release schedule is as follows:

The Battlefield 2142 demo will be available to customers who have pre-ordered the Battlefield 2142: DICE Collector's Edition on Thursday, 5th October for 24 hours exclusively.

It will then be available on exclusive sites publicly from Friday, 6th October. E.G. The US site for this portion of the release is Gamespot.

The exclusivity period will end at 9AM CET, Saturday 7th October so please refrain from posting the demo until this time. We appreciate your co-operation in respecting the exclusivity arrangements.

So who all has pre-ordered this game?

-- Nem

Nada, been trying to play, HL2: EP2, Prey, and Company of Heros....

I got it installed ok, but BSOD'd just before joining a game (after shader optimzation *cough*)

I'm running 6.6 Cats, they tested with 6.8 Cats and Forceware v91.31!!

Actually, it runs fine with the 6.6 Cats!! It was this that was screwing things up for BF2142 demo: (see readme with demo)

Players who have the Windows security update KB917422 installed may suffer from an application error when running the Battlefield 2142 demo. This error can be solved by uninstalling the KB917422 update.

Pffft. Not impressed.

Maybe its just because they picked the wrong map for me at least. I'm more into the smaller city map like what BF2 has. I liked the unlocks and once you got everything for one class unlocked you can really pick and choose your loadout.

I do have an audio issue with the game. Whenever one of the teams drops arty, all I hear is static. If I'm too close to it, it goes crazy and crashes my pc. It sometimes happens when a vehicle is about to blow up too but hasn't crashed my pc yet. :o

Dragon

I do have an audio issue with the game. Whenever one of the teams drops arty, all I hear is static. If I'm too close to it, it goes crazy and crashes my pc. It sometimes happens when a vehicle is about to blow up too but hasn't crashed my pc yet. :P

I did not have that problem. Did you switch it to Creative X-Fi? as it did not have it on that for me by default. Also, I put the audio up to High. Oddly, EAX was already selected. :o

Also, device manager shows I have Creative driver date: 6/1/2006, Driver version: 5.12.18.1181 loaded.

There will be a WNYGamersClub.com server up tonight, so load up and look for it!!

Took me longer than I hoped but its up!!! :o

BF2142 Demo server - WNYGamersClub.com

Well, after having to download it a 2nd time due to the 1st being corrupted, I have finally gotten this beastie installed. I like the main menu HUB. I will actually try playing the game @ a later point when I have time.

-- Nem