Feb. Lan Party Games

With the recent BF1942 bashing and so on, I think its time we get a little organized about these so called lan parties. I'm taking it apon myself to make sure we play little bit of everything, or at least something for everyone. I will make sure that come party time there will be enough copies of games so if someone doesn't have a game we're going to play, they can be up and running in no time. Instead of waiting for someone to make a copy for them. I'll make sure current patches and so on are on a couple cds so we're not killing someones' pc trying to get the files from him all at the same time(especially if the files are big).

-->> { Like people leeching from Nemesis's PC alot of the night, Dragon?! B) } :rolleyes:

Dragon

Edited by Nemesis

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No particular order:

Duke3D

Serious Sam co-op

Quake 2 (just cause its been so long, and I like it more than Q3)

Call of Duty

UT2k3

so we're not killing someones' pc trying to get the files from him all at the same time(especially if the files are big).

-->> { Like people leeching from Nemesis's PC alot of the night, Dragon?! B) }

Hmmmm I never seem to have a problem with ppl leeching large file from my systems... B.Ob do you have this network/PC slow down issue @ all??? *COUGH* *COUGH* Nemesis's might want to look into parting with $17 as the port on the switch he was plugged into was more then enuff. :lol:

Here is the list that will be installed on my server at the next LAN

BF1942 (DC mod)

Splinter Cell

NFSHP2

Serious Sam co-op

Call of Duty

Splinter Cell takes alot of time and team work.

so we're not killing someones' pc trying to get the files from him all at the same time(especially if the files are big).

-->>  { Like people leeching from Nemesis's PC alot of the night, Dragon?!  :lol:  } 

Hmmmm I never seem to have a problem with ppl leeching large file from my systems... B.Ob do you have this network/PC slow down issue @ all??? *COUGH* *COUGH* Nemesis's might want to look into parting with $17 as the port on the switch he was plugged into was more then enuff. :D

I didn't have a problem, but I didn't keep track of my HD activity while I was in game. (Ya, I know I got the big lights on my CPU for nothing?! :P ) Also, Nem, and the others over near me were plugged into a Netgear 10/100 switch, as the giga-switch was already full. 4 ports for the 3 switch uplinks & 1 to the router, the other 4 were PCs. I would have moved some off for the other guys, but my router 4-port was full too... B)

I didn't have a problem, but I didn't keep track of my HD activity while I was in game. (Ya, I know I got the big lights on my CPU for nothing?!  ) Also, Nem, and the others over near me were plugged into a Netgear 10/100 switch, as the giga-switch was already full. 4 ports for the 3 switch uplinks & 1 to the router, the other 4 were PCs. I would have moved some off for the other guys, but my router 4-port was full too... 

Yeah, a certain someone sitting next to Nem decided to install something right off his pc.

Trying to come up with a list of games do give people ideas or if they forgot about a certain game...

UT

Quake

SoF(I think it had MP) and SoF2

Call of Duty

AvP 1 & 2(Marines would be dead meat with me playing AvP1)

JA & JO

GTA MP(yeah forgot about that one huh)

Any co-op tactical game like Rogue Spear could be cool(can't think of any new ones off hand)

Wolfenstein(We'd have to work together on this one, uugh)

Hidden & Dangerous 2

Halo

Madden 2k4(2 on 2 only though)

Vietcong

NFL2k4(I think you can do 4 on 4)

Moonbase Commander(you guys probably never heard of this game and probably be bored from its simplicity, great game though)

ST Bridge Commander

MechWarrior 3(can anyone say Alpha Strike)

T3(dispite its sadness)

NFS

No One Lives Forever(yah, baby, yah)

Deus Ex(just the first one, not that crap they're trying to past off as Deus Ex 2)

Far Cry beta(yes I have it)

Well, I'm tapped.... B)

Dragon

The original Halflife was pretty cool. I loved playing that in mulitplayer. Could never get into CounterStike thou.... I think there was a MP add-on for No One Lives Forever 2 also, but just NOLF would be fun. I could do some big-robot matches in MechWarrior 3, although I'm out of practice.

So, guess that would add for me:

NOLF

Halflife (straight, with maybe some custom boards)

MechWarrior 3

I like the idea of going back to basics with some games. It would not only be uber fun, challenging and everyone should have 100+ fps B) Ill list a few I wouldnt mind play the first time in many years:

Quake I

Quake II

Half life - unmodded

Duke3d

Rise of the Triads

Heretic

Shadow Warrior - who wants some wang??

Tribes

Blood

Decent

Hmmmm I never seem to have a problem with ppl leeching large file from my systems... B.Ob do you have this network/PC slow down issue @ all??? *COUGH* *COUGH* Nemesis's might want to look into parting with $17 as the port on the switch he was plugged into was more then enuff.

Well Pursuit, I guess it would make a HUGE difference if I were to run a gigaNIC on my PC. I plan on getting one soon enough & then I would imagine that this little "slowdown" issue I suffer from would go away. B)

Also, the other issue I had was someone kept installing files right off my PC instead of just simply "copying" them over to their unit ( mainly the guy sitting next to me :lol: )

-- Nem

• 2 weeks later...