Games you wish you had not purchased.

Sacred

Neverwinter Nights was cool, had a few glitches tough....not to mention the easy ways to cheat. I built a character who had to choose a spell that he didnt have enough wisdom to support. After that, the character wouldnt load. It was cool to creat a magical sword +100. A little boring to fight anything but dragons with it. :o

Sequal should be cool. Still, nothin beats the old UT, and gettin Nemesis in a jumpmatch flak cannon battle....Alway fun to see him burst into chunks! :rotfl:

Still, nothin beats the old UT, and gettin Nemesis in a jumpmatch flak cannon battle....Alway fun to see him burst into chunks! :rotfl:

You should try Quake 4, reminds me alot of the older UT, did not think I would like it as much, but I am hooked one Q4 DM and CTF.

Right now, I think BF2 was actually a waste of my $50.....If you haven't been playing on a ranked server, flying choppers and planes for the past 4 months, you're at the bottom of the barrel....I'd rather play Source.... :o:angry:

• 4 weeks later...

I used to love BF2 now with the friggn massive power of the support the non chuckable c4 and the God Dang john elway throwable nades that go like 200 yards I hate the game. They seriously gimped the foot soldier against veicles and made it almost impossible to advanced on anyone who actualy defends a flag on foot. And this is comming from an experianced player ranked with 1st leutenant 81k Global points.

I used to love BF2 now with the friggn massive power of the support the non chuckable c4 and the God Dang john elway throwable nades that go like 200 yards I hate the game. They seriously gimped the foot soldier against veicles and made it almost impossible to advanced on anyone who actualy defends a flag on foot. And this is comming from an experianced player ranked with 1st leutenant 81k Global points.

Oh the hate :) But seriously I LOVE the game. Very fun and excellent gameplay overall. As for footsoldiers gimped against vehicles, yes unless you are spec ops or anti armor. Those two rips vehicles apart fast :P And i love me some vehicles.

Choppers no kidding, lol. What a pain in the balls to bring down without the anti air trucks. Though yes Ive dinged down a few choppers with the M1 B)

I didnt get the games until special forces came out. I play almost only special forces and i like it a lot. Good maps, fun weapons.

When I can get some game time in this is usually my first choice still. :cheer:

As for CS source I still want to try it. Original CS I bought and I can say I really dont like. After playing with BF2, FarCry and most other fairly recent shooters, the weapon mechanics in original CS make about zero sense to me. I can eat folks alive in just about any other shooter I play. When I play original CS there is nothing more annoying than being in the most stable stance in the game and firing 4 short bursts with an assault rifle at someone at short range with good aim, and not killing them. But they turn around and pop you with a headshot ON THE RUN with thier assault rifle. For me this happens routinely in that game. Admittedly Im a n00b with original CS, but still. It ends up being really counter intuitive for me. Dont even get me started on the "cover" in that game, or how by your screen you are behind a wall with a higher vertical position on the map then someone below you - the wall in front of you says you cant see them and they shouldnt be able to see you - BUT they can see your head and shoot you just fine...gah its madness i say!!! LOL i hate being shot through concrete walls.

As for source I want to give it a try to see if the weapon physics are any better. Im hoping it uses a more modern physics and weapons mechanics and some of the flaky stuff i get in the old game wont be there now :)

I get the sense though from most chats that you're either a CS fan or you pretty much hate it ?

Crossing my fingers for source. If any of you think the physics and weapons were kept identical to original CS let me know and i'll save myself the trouble :wwe:

As for source I want to give it a try to see if the weapon physics are any better. Im hoping it uses a more modern physics and weapons mechanics and some of the flaky stuff i get in the old game wont be there now :)

Crossing my fingers for source. If any of you think the physics and weapons were kept identical to original CS let me know and i'll save myself the trouble :wwe:

If you have played HL2:DM it is identical physics engine, with maps and game play of CS 1.6. Same thing goes for DoD:S