SS2 server UP

B.Ob.

We have a Serious Sam 2 server up at server.wnygamersclub.com or since there are not too many SS2 servers up, you should locate it rather quickly in the Find Match section of Mulitiplayer!

You will need the v2.066a patch installed. Also there will be some tweaks coming, higher player count, etc. Just have not had time atm to do it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I took the SS2 server down for the time being. It has a serious memory leak, that causes it to swell til it has consumed all my ram and swap space (2.5gig). So I was shutting down and relaunching the dedicated server twice a day. I might put up a Quake4 server or something else shortly.... Any requests?

SS2 server is back up!!! You'll find it with WNYGamersClub.com server name. Hope to see some on you on. Patch above still applies!

I don't do any excercises for my wrists. Although I was getting a bit dizzy when I stopped. I've heard there are some exercises peeps can do that have that type of issue thou.

Is that 58 # the FPS or the ping? Either way, would think it would be fine....

That is fps. Change prf_bShowFPS=0 to 1 in the \Content\SeriousSam2\sam.ini

Ping is located in the lower-right corner, but I didnt have it enable in that screenshot. Change hud_bShowPing=0 to 1

I only break 70fps if I look at the ground :P

Im currently playing @ 1600x1200 with graphics medium-low. I get better frames this way than 800x600 with graphics medium-high.

for exersixes i use silly puddy in mass amount , some little spring loaded device ive had since i was in grecro-roman wrassling and carring grocery bags just wth fingers ussally keeps thoes fingers loose for fraging

Found kind of kewl utility, that benchmarks SS2.

Serious Sam 2 Bench v1.0 (2 MB)

Serious Sam 2 Benchmark

The benchmark started at 2/8/2006 11:40:36 PM

Resolution: 1280×1024

Demo: Demo_0001.dem

Renderer: Direct3D

Quality: Maximum

Antialiasing: None

Anisotrophic filtering: None

HDR rendering: Disabled

Score = 72.9 FPS

I havent run the benchmark yet, but was able to tweak my ini so that I rarely get below 54fps. It's my own fault playing on such a hard difficulty anyways. The Giants board kicks my arse and I drop down to 12fps at times with 20 witches flying around while 10 of those bulls knock me everywhere and another 10 spiders bum rush me B) Some dude was playing then left me at that point with all these monsters generated...bastard!! :bonk:

Difficulty Bonus

Start a new game under the difficulty of your choice. At any time, go back to the main menu, select Custom Level, and play it through in Serious Difficulty. Load the game you had previously started, and although the starting difficulty will have stayed the same, at the end of each level you will get the difficulty bonus for Serious difficulty.