Unreal Tournament 2007

B.Ob.

Unreal Tournament 2006

"The article refers to the game as "the next Unreal Tournament", suggesting that the game's full title is as yet undecided. Midway have previously confirmed that no new UT titles will be shipping in 2005, so it's likely that this game will bear the name "Unreal Tournament 2006" or "Unreal Tournament 2007". It's also possible that Epic have ditched the yearly naming convention altogether... only time will tell."

The next UT will feature 11 weapons, will focus on AI ...specifically voice-controlled AI. Gametypes include Onslaught, DM, TDM, CTF, and the all-new Conquest mode. No Assault or Domination.

Look like Conquest will take the place of Assault. I won't miss the rest of the game types missing. Conquest is suppose to be seamlessly stitch multiple maps together, so you know those will be some HUGE levels!!!

umm a unreal fourn guys that have hl2 charaters or avatars

anywho the quotes are right, personally, 2k3 i never really played, 2k4 really doesnt apeal to me... ut99 may be one of the greatest games ever, should dust that off for the next lan i do miss roxorng on that game... need to fnd a downlaod ..... B)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Next Unreal Tournament

This is not an iteration, it's an entirely new game -- which is why it's entirely possible it won't be called Unreal Tournament 2006. "Yeah," Steve says, "It's a real generational change."

The polygon jump is going from thousands to millions, courtesy of the Unreal Engine 3. New technology, new engine, new gameplay...new everything. "You can tell from our [demo] levels," Steve says, "we're not trying to make a prettier UT2K4. We're really trying to make a very new game."

Unreal Tournament 2007

"Capps explains that beyond the graphics, UT 2007 will also feature improved gameplay, based on feedback from the fans and from Epic's own goals. According to Capps, the studio is "trying to make sure that UT 2007 is a mix of UT 2004 and [the original Unreal Tournament from 1999]," while maintaining the series' focus on multiplayer competition. "We want to own the deathmatch space." Competitive play is a key element in the series' success, so Epic definitely plans to keep head-to-head competition around in the form of deathmatch, team deathmatch, and one-on-one duels, as well as capture the flag. But what about the other modes? "Domination is currently not on the table," was Capps' answer. We'll probably have to bid domination (or "double domination" as it was more recently known) a fond farewell, since it was apparently the least popular multiplayer mode by far. Capps explains that the decision to remove this mode wasn't easy, but the team felt that it had fundamental issues. Since it focused on capturing two control points at opposite ends of a level, players often found themselves losing points while they went after one control point, only to find out that on the other side of the level, they had lost the other control point--something that was more or less completely out of their control"

Can also check out some screen-shots here at BeyondUnreal.com

Pre-E3 2005: Unreal Tournament 2007

"As someone who remembers playing the original Unreal back in 1998, which feels like a lifetime ago, I've been hooked on Epic shooters since the beginning, and I consider UT2004 to be the epitome of fragaliciousness. There was something about the Onslaught demo level that caused me and thousands of others to play it over and over for hours on end. With such a large and dynamic space, each match was very different from the one right before it. Sometimes you'd get wiped out, sometimes you'd clean house, and other times the front line would sway and stagger back and forth until the last few minute, then you'd finally break through into the enemy base and lay waste. It was electric. I've had that buzz before, from other shooters, but this was different. This was big.

But for Epic, it wasn't big enough. Not by a long shot."

• 2 weeks later...

Transcript/Conversation w/ Tim Sweeney

"Freeman: Yeah, also, will it support dual CPUs?

Sweeney: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, so Unreal Engine 3 is broadly targeting multi-core CPUs, Sony has something like that with the Cell architecture, and Microsoft has that with the three CPUs in the Xbox 360 and, you know, Intel and AMD are already out with dual-core CPUs in the PC market.

Freeman: And do you also see a performance benefit running dual CPUs?

Because most games now, they don't support dual processors, so you don't really see a performance benefit.

Sweeney: Well, Unreal Engine 2 just runs single-threaded so you don't get a significant benefit from it but in Unreal Engine 3 you'll be able to do rendering and animation updates and physics in multiple threads so, I wouldn't say it would double, but it'll increase performance significantly."