Unreal Tournament

bobsbrat

Which Unreal Tournament do you prefer?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Unreal Tournament do you prefer?

• Unreal 2003
    • Unreal Tournament

As for which game is better, each offers their own flavor to the mix, making it hard to choose. UT1 still seems to run faster that UT2, and there's also more stuff out for it as well. UT2 on the other hand offers more graphical polish & the weapons upgrades are pretty nice. I especially like what was done w/ the Translocator & Redeemer.

I like the fact that UT has mutators. Nothing like a little bit of speed or strength or my favorite, the "Relic of Vengance" when playing against you. Ahhh the satisfaction of watching the screen say that you've been blown to bits after you have hunted me down and killed me B)

This isn't necessarily vaild for me... I play UT with the keyboard only, and I play UT2k3 with a mouse... Although I seem to hold my own in 2k3, so of course I like that better...

As for speed, UT should run faster, its a 3 year old engine running on hardware that wasn't even dreamed of at the time....

The mods will hopefully come to 2k3 also.... Heck the Bonus Pack (with new maps) was suppose to come out today!!!! B)

Mutators are definitely a good thing, except for that blasted Relic of Vengence that Bobsbrat tends to pick me off with. I suppose this means I'll just have to pick U off from a distance & watch U blowup in bits & pieces all by your lonesome B) I'm looking forward to the Mutators that are going to come out for UT 2k3, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Bobsbrat's favorite relic as one of them too. As for U B.ob., we'll, there's really no excuse for U :blink:

I loved the Multiplayer of Halflife!!! (before TFC, CounterStrike, etc.) Can't say I've played it in a long time. Although I do recall being disappointed in TFC, which was why I never got into CounterStrike much.

Although I can't deny CS is still the most widely played MP game/mod out there!!!

Between the old school UT (yes Perfection, it IS old school now!), Quake, Quake2, Half-life, Serious Sam, etc. there isn't a shortage of games to play that will run on even older systems...

Perhaps we can have theme LAN party..... nothing newer than summer 1999?!

Damn, I'm just posting all over the place tonight. I think we should try getting into Wolfenstein. Hell Bob, your parties are big enough now, co-op could have some good sized teams playing Normandy and the like. Everyone in the kitchen area vs everyone in the living room :ph34r: .

Dragon

LOL. I can see it now... Kitchen vs. Living, round #... That's just too funny. I liked Wolfenstein as a single player game but I thought it fell way short in the multiplayer aspect. I've tried getting into the multiplayer part of it, but it just doesn't jell right w/ me. I've had some serious fun playing multiplayer on Serious Sam 2, not to mention UT & Descent 3. Now there's a game I haven't seen at LAN parties yet. This is going to shock some of U but I have as of yet to play Half-Life *cringe* I can hear the audible gasps from those of U reading this. Nemesis hasn't played HL?! What's wrong w/ that guy?! Alot of things, but lets not dwell on the them, shall we?! LOL

I do have to say that I am constantly seeing large amounts of MODS coming out for that game, so maybe there might be some merit in trying it out. Only problem is that I don't have it. Oh well, guess I will never know :ph34r:

-- Nem

Last time we tried, I remember we had fun with RtCW. We just needed a few more players.... It does move a bit slower than UT2k3, which is fine for me. Also possible to have Medal Of Honor (MOH) as well.... I know a couple guys at work are playing the Spearhead expansion for MOH quite a bit...

Serious Sam 1/2 makes for a great break since you can go co-op and we can all mow down the monsters together!! :blink: Although we havn't done that in a while either...

Lots of games to consider.... Perhaps a poll for the next LAN party would be order... For those that havn't seen our other LAN party regulars on here, nudge them to at least register so they can vote in the poll!!!!

Kinda funny 5 different people have posted in here, yet only 3 have voted.... Woops!! :ph34r: