January's LAN Party Extravaganza

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has to be my 10th try just to post 1 damn thing.

hi

I may make a trip up to this lan. I live in North Western PA. Buff is about 3 hours. But depending on if I can convince my buds to travel with me. We may just show up.

I'll direct em to the site.

also might as well spread the word.

me and my buds are part of 2 different lan partys in the NW PA.

www.wargameslan.com smaller so who really care right?

and lakeeffectlan.com hosting a 100 man lan Feb. 4th-6th (psst free food)

I'll be checking in later on with what my friends think.

also what is the fav games?

Welcome!!!

Hmmm, favorite games, that covers a lot of ground... UT2k4, Tribes, Battlefield Vietnam, World of Warcraft, Neverwinter Nights, FarCry, Halflife2, etc. What games do you guys like to play?

Hope you can make it... Looks like the 100 person LAN is almost fully registered, congrats!!

I've gotta get my schedule in order for this winter/spring to see what LANs I can attend.

sgx_d

That is very cool that U have heard of us & are making the effort to join us in our gaming bonaza, we have ALOT of fun @ our lan parties.

Definitely SPREAD the word about WNYGamersclub.com

It's always good to have more targets, err I mean people attend our parties ;) I look forward to meeting U & your friends.

Fav games... well, there are SO MANY it's hard to choose but I'll try...

Half-Life 2

BF1942 DC

Tribes Vengeance

Aliens vs Predator 2

UT 2k4

Games to look out for soon...

Battlefield 2

Snowblind

Serious Sam 2

Dungeon Siege 2

I'm sure I missed some. Take care & hope to hear some good news from U soon.

-- Nem ;)

last night when i found this place I was searching for hours. I found many lan in the area. In fact we are at a bit of a problem. 2 diff lan partys are hosting on this date. I am unsure of which we will be attending. My merry band has a severe affinity with UT2k4. occasional CS.(minor loathing but a bit of it is alright) CoD to an extend. as for tribes you'll have to ask them.

To help us decide where to go on this upcoming day. What in particular stands out about this lan?

and how to the lans progress throughout the party?

people start showing up. lans sometimes dont ever start till like an hour after they are scheduled to.

free food, bawls

tournaments

other events that people put into the party? :vomit::barney:

last night when i found this place I was searching for hours. I found many lan in the area. In fact we are at a bit of a problem. 2 diff lan partys are hosting on this date. I am unsure of which we will be attending. My merry band has a severe affinity with UT2k4. occasional CS.(minor loathing but a bit of it is alright) CoD to an extend. as for tribes you'll have to ask them.

To help us decide where to go on this upcoming day. What in particular stands out about this lan?

and how to the lans progress throughout the party?

people start showing up. lans sometimes dont ever start till like an hour after they are scheduled to.

free food, bawls

tournaments

other events that people put into the party?  :vomit::barney:

sgx_d,

We hold a VOTE to see what the top 3 games are that everyone wants to play. U'll see a Forum for this & we also send out emails reminding people to vote on them. The top 3 games win & we setup our servers for those games. We progress thru the day by spending a certain amount of time on the top 3 games & then afterwards its a free for all. It's LOADS of fun.

We have refreshments on hand @ all times & later on we all throw in $$ to order Pizza & Wings.

We have Giga switches tying everyone together, so there generally isn't any speed issues. There's generally spare cat5 cable lying around for those in need.

We do raffles & such. When we have the supplies, we do hand out prizes. If U are interested in a Tournament, let us know & we'll look into it. There's usually someone looking to showoff their gaming skillz.

The atmosphere is very friendly & our doors are always open.

This is a "win-win" scenario for any that come. Hope 2 see U there.

Any more questions/concerns, just let us know.

-- Nem ;)

more questions. and probably most important. (for decision making)

#1 just how many people are expected for attendance.? and what is the average

#2 What time/day does it start and end

#3 (this for my friends more) what kind of UT fanbase do you have?