• Deus Ex
    • Joint Ops
    • No One Lives Forever
    • BF 1942
    • Alien vs Predator 2
    • SW BattleFront
    • SW Jedi Academy

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard this from a few ppl only thing with that is that everyone would need it installed and most likely there will not be a proper No CD patch or dedicated private LAN server. So we waste time with not having a proper server, ppl installing the game and learning controls. So the few ppl that would have the game only days after it got released get to play well everyone else deals with issues. These facts do suck but this all comes from experience with past LANs and is just what seems to happen.

Any LAN games need to be about a month old for the proper things to be in place to make it enjoyable for all.

FYI: If HL2 is anything like Doom3 I am going to be disappointed. B)

Any LAN games need to be about a month old for the proper things to be in place to make it enjoyable for all.

FYI: If HL2 is anything like Doom3 I am going to be disappointed. B)

Yeah you need a least a couple of weeks to get everything set fot a LAN, But I do have all the stuff for Need for speed underground 2 needed to play for everyone, it also has LAN play built in so no need for funky clients and servers fixes. Bad thing is only 4 players like before but it does have a setting when setting up a game to even out cars so everyone would be on an even playing ground. And not much learning curve to a racing game(drive real fast and try not to hit anything :D )

FYI - I don't think Half Life 2 is gonna be a disappointment at all(unlike doom 3), plus with the collectors edition you get half life 1 remastered in the new source engine which will be awesome to play an old game that just about everyone knows the maps to and should be more of an even playing ground, I can't wait it should be awesome :D

But I do have all the stuff for Need for speed underground 2 needed to play for everyone, it also has LAN play built in so no need for funky clients and servers fixes. Bad thing is only 4 players like before but it does have a setting when setting up a game to even out cars so everyone would be on an even playing ground.

I gave everyone the exact car I was using on the NFSU at the one LAN and everyone still thought I was cheating. I can not wait to see NFSU2, I just put my head phones on and completely zone out on good racing games.

toca race driving 2 was not on the vote? B)

Yeah, it certainly was anything but a complete list... But that doesn't mean we can't play it!! Also, there is NFS:U2!!

Toca2 hasn't been *cough*broken*cough* yet and probably won't be, so we have that to contend with. Everyone would have to have their own copy to play.

We can play later. I plan on bringing my copy especially since the last lan you guys had it I didn't get it back on the hdd before then. B)

Dragon