starwars episode 3

Guest Major_Chaos

And its going to suck with swisscheese plot(loose ends included), cheese ball lines and be nothing like the original triology. Sure to disapoint any real Star Wars fan.

Also from the mouth of bonehead himself, Lucas.

I refuse to buy the original triology with all the new changes on dvd, they are not the movies I grew up with and that's what I want on dvd. B)

Dragon

I refuse to buy the original triology with all the new changes on dvd, they are not the movies I grew up with and that's what I want on dvd.

[soapbox]

Personally, I think your expecting WAY to much from them. They are fun movies, meant mostly for kids.

These are not all 4 star movies that are being changed by the movie studios, or some Lucas Trust just looking for more cashola!! George changed them to reflect his vision of what he wanted, which either got changed because of the studio, or because he didn't have the money or tech to do at the time.

Also, you could say the same for Close Encounters of the Third Kind!! Good luck finding the original on anything but tape or laserdisc.

[/soapbox]

Nice pics Conan4Life!! B)

True but why did he have to change the ending of ROTJ. Overlaying Hayden on to the guy that played Anikin looks stupid. The end music with the Ewoks singing and everything, changed, why? I heard he messed with the Solo/Greedo scene again. God knows what he did to it.

I could see fixing up effects like during the battles and that like he did when they released them as a boxset on VHS.

I bet he still didn't fix the goof with Vader's saber in ANH. B)

Dragon

Well I guess I'll just have to sit down sometime soon to see if any of these changes are really worth all of this talk. I've watched some of ROTJ & it hasn't been disappointing @ all. The visuals have been bumped up some, nothing that would take away from the movie. I believe I saw more tentacles in the Sarlac pit, but other than that, it has been fine. I haven't watched the other 2 yet, I jumped right into ROTJ B)

-- Nem

True but why did he have to change the ending of ROTJ. Overlaying Hayden on to the guy that played Anikin looks stupid. The end music with the Ewoks singing and everything, changed, why? I heard he messed with the Solo/Greedo scene again. God knows what he did to it.

I could see fixing up effects like during the battles and that like he did when they released them as a boxset on VHS.

I bet he still didn't fix the goof with Vader's saber in ANH. B)

Dragon

In context of just 4, 5, & 6 yes.... with considering them altogether, I gotta say I agree with that change....

They fire nearly at the same time... But that doesn't bother me one way or the other...

Are you referring to the occasional one-handed-ness in the light saber duals in ESB?

Also, they re-did the Jaba with Han scene in ANH so there is continunity now with all the Jabba appearances. If you look quick, you'll see Boba Fett in ANH too!!

Nah, its during the scene when Vader and Old Ben are fighting. There's a point when Vader's saber glows white.

I hate what he did with the Solo/Greedo scene. Han is a smuggler. He's a scoundrel, he's suppose to be low-down and dirty and a coldblooded killer. AARGGGHH!!! It pisses me off just thinking about it. B)

Dragon

• 3 weeks later...