26-port switch

B.Ob.

Anyone know some good place/places to get switches from?

I had my eye on this Asus GigaX1024P 26-port switch from NewEgg for $156 but is currently out of stock!! Hoping it comes back in stock by the end of this month thou!!

My backup is this Netgear FS526T for $220.

Positives for Asus: 8k mac table, no fan, port speed limiting, price.

Negatives for Netgear: 4k mac table, fan, not sure about speed limiting ports, price.

Basically what the above switches (sometimes referred to as Smart switches) are: 24-port 10/100 plus 2 1000 ports, with management software that allows for VLAN, port trunking, etc.

I did a search in PriceWatch looking for the ASUS switch and came up flat.

Any suggestions?

Hmmm, newegg no longer has this switch on their site... If you see the ASUS GigaX1024P switch for sale ANYWHERE, please let me know!!

Man I'm usually good at finding stuff for sale but can only find the non "P" model(ASUS GigaX1024) for asus switches which has no gigabit ports. But there is this trendware/trendnet 28 port smart switch at newegg which is cheaper than the netgear http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc....TC-pr1c3grabb3r

but no fan that I can see but it matches up to the netgear and about $20 cheaper and in stock.

The TrendNet's (and Avante) I'm usually kinda of weary about, mostly cause they never list the switch fabric (total switch speed, which should be the total of all the ports at full speed), but this I might consider this at some point..... Thanks for looking around!!!!

Oddly, I finally went to the Where-To-Buy section on ASUS' site and none of the stores they showed had the 1024P.... :D Hopefully its just too new of a product and will show up in a couple months again!!

Yeah it sucks when you want to buy something but can't find it anywhere. :D It was like that with my mx510 mouse, it took me like 2 months after reading a bunch of reviews to find one to buy and now there everywhere. I'll keep searching for that switch but it's gonna be tough to find it before LAN, hopefully newegg will get it back in stock soon. I love newegg :D I'd say I order at least 90% of my stuff thru them and they have been great about RMAs and about everything else.

Well, I see newegg.com got the ASUS 1024P switch back in stock today, so hopefully stock will last another week and get one at that point!!

Or someone can get it for a last minute wedding gift!! :D (just kidding)

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I see newegg.com got the ASUS 1024P switch back in stock today, so hopefully stock will last another week and get one at that point!!

Or someone can get it for a last minute wedding gift!! B) (just kidding)

Yeah, I was thinking of grabbing 1 for U & me & maybe Pursuit as well. Oh heck, I'll just grab 6 of them, it's only $$$ B)

-- Nem

Or someone can get it for a last minute wedding gift!! B) (just kidding)

Yeah, I was thinking of grabbing 1 for U & me & maybe Pursuit as well. Oh heck, I'll just grab 6 of them, it's only $$$ B)

-- Nem

Your SOOOO nice..... B)

With 3 8-port gigabit switches gonna be at the LAN, and $$ still kinda short, the ASUS switch will have to wait til the next one (probably Nov 13th) LAN.

• 3 months later...

Better late then never... and it certainly was cheaper!! :D

The club bought da switch!! ASUS GigaX1024P Smart Switch

x1024p_l.jpg

Gotta play with the management software a little and see what makes this thing tick.... :lol: