Good PS2 Games

Dragon

Yo. I going to pick up a PS2 this weekend(probably Sunday) and was wondering what you guys think some good games for it are.

I've got Red Dead Revolver(and ATV 2 since it comes with the system) coming to me but I need some more games. I've been looking at a couple games like Splitter Cell, Metal Gear, etc... games that are meant for the console. I want to stay away from FPS, they're meant to be played on the PC as far as I'm concerned. B)

Dragon

Kingdom Hearts- good action/adventure rpg, Devil May Cry 1&2 - good action game, Onimusha 3 demon siege - action 3rd person but awesome, Rise to Honor- cool jet li fighting game, Rygar - 3rd person action remake, The Mark of Kri - 3rd person action stealth game with a cartoon feel(mix of conan and a disney film) is one of my favorites and is cheap as hell too, The Suffering - a horror 3rd person action, Final fantasy X - good rpg, Twisted Metal Black, Transformers is cool as hell too, lotta goof fighting games and rpgs , plus some good platformers( Jak & dakter 1&2, sly cooper, rachet and clank1&2, Maximo 1 & 2 (remake of ghost and goblins))

but if you don't have an xbox I'd almost say get that instead because it has better games coming out down the road, Ps2 only has a few new ones that look any good( GTA san andreas and Metal Gear Solid snake eater are the only ones I'm looking forward too) I have all 3 gaming consoles and I play my xbox the most and I'm like you, I don't like playing FPS on a console just PC. plus the xbox is alot easier to mod! B)

Good decision on going for the PS2. It has a slew of excellent games available for it now & the list of upcoming titles is simply awesome. Upcoming titles that I'm looking forward to are...

Ace Combat 5

ATV Offroad Fury 3

God of War

Devil May Cry 3

Prince of Persia 2

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Grand Turismo 4

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

Kingdom Hearts 2

Final Fantasy 12

Mortal Kombat: Deception

Starwars Battlefront

KillZone

Snowblind

Burnout 3

Jak 3

Ratchet & Clank 3

Crash Twinsanity

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Hot Shots Golf Fore!

The Punisher

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent

... along w/ MANY more that I'm not going to list @ this time.

Games to look for now...

SpyFiction

Metal Gear Solid 2

Final Fantasy 10

Kingdom Hearts

Star Ocean: Till the End fo Time

007: Everything or Nothing

Psi-Ops: Mindgate Conspiracy

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorow

... and many more that I can't think of right now.

The Xbox hasn't really caught my attention w/ what it does thus far. Yes it's cool that it has built-in ethernet, slightly better graphics & faster cpu, but that's not enough to sway me over to that console. What I look for is an awesome selection of games for any given console & I'm not all that impressed w/ Xbox's current titles. The upcoming game library for the Xbox looks much better, but then again the PS2's does as well.

I agree w/ FPS being better on PC's, I'm not all that much of a fan of them on consoles. The only exception to that is Metroid for the NGC. This is a KILLER game & I'm really looking forward to Metroid 2 later this year. KillZone & Snowblind for the PS2 may be along those same lines as well when it finally gets released. Halo for the Xbox is a cool game BUT far more enjoyable on the PC. The game that has caught my attention for the Xbox but have yet to play is Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.

That's my 2 cents on this, hope it helps.

-- Nemesis

ive been fond of the wwf... wwe games for ps2 smackdown was spiffy even tho the last console i baught was a nintendo 64

also looking thought the lists of games.... most are sequals

DOH!!!

I forgot to mention to get Champions of Norrath. Champions of Norrath 2 will be coming out sometime soon as well.

Having "sequels" to games typicaly speaks VOLUMES of good things for the game console in question. Apparently it plays that well & enough people play it, so the demand to keep it going is there. Can't really go wrong w/ that B)

-- Nem

Well, I picked up...

Champs of Norrath(probably get 2 when it comes out, character transfer woohoo)

Tenchu

Gran Turismo 3(probably get 4 too when its out)

and ATV 2 that came with it.

Lots of fun to come. B)

Dragon