Call of Duty 4

Buckett

Not yet here, I want to see it before I pick CoD4 up. Looks like at least a couple peeps will have it at the LAN Sat.

The ranking system is pretty good, much like BF2 with it's weapon upgrades and such. You get weapons fairly quick in the first few ranks, so you're not completely gimped with n00b weapons right off the get-go. The Challenges that you get are pretty cool, and unlock some nice extras for your weapons, like scopes and grips. Everything seems to serve a purpose, depending on what your gaming style is.

Personally, I like my decked out machine gun...I've got the RPC with a Red-Dot Scope on it, with perks for extra stability and damage. Throw in a cool pistol and some nades, and we're all set!

Bad Buckett!!! You're getting me more interested in this.... Looks like I might pick it up before the weekend after all.

Sounds like my kind of game. 2 questions though...

Can you play with your unlocked stuff on lan or online only? And is there a medic class? :harhar:

Dragon

I don't see any support style classes, like medics or engineer types, but I can't say with absolute certainty that there isn't one. Maybe there's a Perk that you can get later on in the game to allow you to drop a health pack for others, or some ammo pouches.

I believe that you would only be able to use your unlocked items on ranked servers, but then again, when you're setting up a LAN server you can adjust the settings however you like; so that all weapons are unlocked, or certain classes are unlocked or restricted (i.e. no snipers, pistols only, etc.)

From what I know it should be like the past CoD's and allow you to install on multiple computers for LAN play only. But with out the disk you are sol from Single or online MP. Which is smart on the developers side for allowing LAN play. Either way if that works we might have a nice game going...