MassiveLAN 2008

PurSuiT

I know this is a ways off but we had fun last year and would like to show our support again this year.

Join WNY Gamers Club @ MassiveLAN 2008

July 26th - July 27th at South Lockport Fire Co., 5666 S.Transit Rd., Lockport, NY 14094

Start Time 26 July 2008 11:00am

End Time 27 July 2008 7:00pm

Signup is open

This will be taking the place of WNYG's July 2008 LPE Event. As Bob is getting old and needs a break every once in awhile. ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
I almost bought UT3 yesterday for $35...but the more games I buy, the less I will study.

TF2 is a better all around good time. If you have to decide between UT3 and Orange Box and have hardware older then a year I would go with TF2 and the Orange Box.

Granted TF2 will probably run better on older hardware, but I gotta tell ya, UT3 is some SOLID fun also!!

Parox, Buy != Play

It came out over 3 months ago...just add it!!

We have no say in what they pick for tourney's, except to voice our opinions on their forums.

If you have a COD4 Team and want to bring it to their attention go ahead, but unless you have a team and our willing to follow through I see it as pointless to waste their time. As the majority of thier staff do not frequent our forums, this is not the best place to discuss it. This thread is for informational proposes for WNY Gamers Club members wishing to participate and join together @ MassiveLAN, not to discuss how they wish to prepare for their LAN, if all else one of Us can throw up a server and play a few rounds.

That said, I am totally for any of our forum members wishing to start a CoD4 or TF2 Team in order to compete at MassiveLAN and I am also willing to be apart of that team, I myself do not how ever have the time to be a Team Captain/Organizer.

It has ffa mode if teams are an issue, and a couple tight little duke em up maps for really small teams or 1v1. No CoD4 no me, lol. But thats how it rolls. I did check out thier forums no new word on it. I'll weigh next time ive got a few minutes. And of course if a team for it does fly here I'll sign up.

In the end I have no real problems with this club. As the matter of fact wnyg is my favorite lan group outside of my own. Its just a matter of - I have to want to play the games lined up for any particular lan. I know theres been a jab about not coming to the lans recently but I can honestly claim true work & family conflicts have kept me out of a lot of them. Then the game line up hasnt tickled me in sometime. The few times I could come there just wasnt anything interesting for me in the line up. Its also why ive also tried to get a rough idea of whats being played in the past. I just want to know if there'll be anything Im excited about.

So cheers all, congratulations & thanks for keeping this club around, and tolerating my oh so lovely demeanor, lol. I do hope to visit the lan's with y'all some more as long as im not too unliked, lol.

:o