BF2 Expansion Packs

DaPoets

I bought the BF2 expansion Armored Fury/Euro Forces. I think the Euro Forces is only half lame, but Armored Fury rocks and last night I played it for like 5 hour straight. It's only $9 at best buy.

**It was a bitch to get it working... It took an hour and a half on the phone w/ EA because you have to link the expansion online w/ your BF2 reg number and they are clueless as to what to do if you never registered your BF2 and swear that you can't play BF2 online if you never registered it... welll I play online and never registered it... so I have to creat a new account, couldn't use the name I use in game, then had to go into this new account and change the name to match my BF2 log in name... and I figured that out...

I vented that to one of my long time guildmates and he said he has about 10 EA accounts because he has to do the same exact thing everytime he has to register a game on EA's site in order to play it online...

But Armored Fury is definately worth the time and money it took to get it up and running.

Edited by DaPoets

I bought the BF2 expansion Armored Fury/Euro Forces. I think the Euro Forces is only half lame, but Armored Fury rocks and last night I played it for like 5 hour straight. It's only $9 at best buy.

**It was a bitch to get it working... It took an hour and a half on the phone w/ EA because you have to link the expansion online w/ your BF2 reg number and they are clueless as to what to do if you never registered your BF2 and swear that you can't play BF2 online if you never registered it... welll I play online and never registered it... so I have to creat a new account, couldn't use the name I use in game, then had to go into this new account and change the name to match my BF2 log in name... and I figured that out...

I vented that to one of my long time guildmates and he said he has about 10 EA accounts because he has to do the same exact thing everytime he has to register a game on EA's site in order to play it online...

But Armored Fury is definately worth the time and money it took to get it up and running.

I had heard about a similar horror story about the booster packs on CD, so I just opted to get the Complete BF2 Collection DVD instead. The highway map is fun, and usually has LOTS of peeps in it!!

yeah I'm an avid Highway Tampa fan as well. I'm definatly a plane whore so when I'm on the server it's always death from above. the Armored fury has A10's, my fav military plane and I think they did a great job w/ it's weapons and manuvering. The sound of it's main gun is just sick.

FYI: I moved the first 4 posts to here from a non related topic... We have been getting way off topic threads lately. :)

------------------------

Dragon and I got the xPacks as downloads from EA, as BKlass had issues with getting his installed from the CD/DVD... no issues with the D/L'ed version...

FYI: I moved the first 4 posts to here from a non related topic... We have been getting way off topic threads lately. :)

------------------------

Dragon and I got the xPacks as downloads from EA, as BKlass had issues with getting his installed from the CD/DVD... no issues with the D/L'ed version...

Opps, we were bad....

Opps, we were bad....

Nah, just think Dragon, Nem, you and I have been getting lax on topics and this one fit here perfectly. :)

I also play on =SF= and on the Free Beer and Hookers servers, just have not had much time to play lately.

I like the boosters, though I think they should have been $10 or less from the start or free would have been better. I am gald they released the tampa map for free and think the should release more free maps like that. To me though the Vanilla maps are too one sided, get sick of getting booted to the crap side by server admins that want to stomp over ppl. So I stick to special froces 90% of the time.

I refuse to give EA more of my hard earned cash for thier shitty add on packs. I'm not giving them even $9 hassel me for hours.

At least they are not based in China..... thou I probably jinxed it now...

The money I spent for the boosters was worth it compared to the $30 I spent on the xpack called 2142, that I played a few times and then desided BF2 was better. I am so glad the ad they had in BF2 to buy BF2142 is gone, that used to piss me off so much.