Just signed up

Hi!

I actually saw your guys' post on craigslist and thought I'd give a shout out. I'm a pretty avid gamer, and would like to meet some other gamers in some frag fests! When's the next meeting? How do I get involved? Any information would be appreciated!

-Jeremy

Hi!

I actually saw your guys' post on craigslist and thought I'd give a shout out. I'm a pretty avid gamer, and would like to meet some other gamers in some frag fests! When's the next meeting? How do I get involved? Any information would be appreciated!

-Jeremy

Somehow missed this earlier.

Welcome thor!! I'll post a better reponse when i get home from work and can elaborate!

Our normal lan days are every 2nd Saturday of the month, so this Saturday will be our next. Bobsbrat is kind enough to let us ransack the house for the day. Our next LPE event is in October.

For this Sat, all you need is your pc, headphones, and about $5 for chips, pop, and pizza and wings for dinner. I usually supply a case of beer for anyone that is of age ;) . Directions can be found here .

What we play will pretty much be up in the air. Any of the BF series, SupCom, Company of Heroes, HL2DM, Fear, Q4, FlatOut series, Titan Quest, AvP2, Far Cry, NFS series ( but it blows when you can only have 4 peeps at a time and more than that want in) are all fair game that the lans. Fear is an easy one as its free so everyone should have it and those first 5 listed have been the most popular as of late. We beat the piss out of Coh at the last lan but I'm hoping ppl still want to play as I'm always looking for a good fight.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

Dragon

Couple questions...

By PC do you just mean my tower? Do I have to bring a monitor, and junk too? I've got FEAR, Company of Heroes, and AVP2. Right now I'm playing Bioshock, which is a sweet ass game, but sadly its not multiplayer ;) I'll prob. get shunned for saying this, but you guys ever play sports games at all (i.e. Madden) I know its not a LAN game, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. I don't mind having to go out and buy a game, just bear in mind it'll take me a little time to get up to speed with you pros. I'd definitely be up for playing FEAR though! Oh, and you guys play console games at all? Anybody have a PS3? I just saw Warhawk come out and thought that would be a crazy game to play!

Later,

THOR

Couple questions...

By PC do you just mean my tower? Do I have to bring a monitor, and junk too? I've got FEAR, Company of Heroes, and AVP2. Right now I'm playing Bioshock, which is a sweet ass game, but sadly its not multiplayer ;) I'll prob. get shunned for saying this, but you guys ever play sports games at all (i.e. Madden) I know its not a LAN game, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. I don't mind having to go out and buy a game, just bear in mind it'll take me a little time to get up to speed with you pros. I'd definitely be up for playing FEAR though! Oh, and you guys play console games at all? Anybody have a PS3? I just saw Warhawk come out and thought that would be a crazy game to play!

Later,

THOR

Yep, the computer tower, monitor or lcd screen (a display), keyboard, mouse (& a mouse pad if desired), headphones, 2 power cords (each for pc and screen), power strip, game CDs you make need to play your installed games.

Some of us have consoles, although I do not. I think Nemesis has a PS3 (and loves it). A couple like to play sports games, but we never had a enough to get an actual game of it going. Hmmm, AvP2 is a favorite, although we haven't played that in a while.

Ok...well I'll bring my PC for Saturday, and if there's enough interest, I'll bring my PS3 for next time. I have the first edition of FEAR, no expansion pack, if that makes a difference. I'll definitely bring that to play. I also have Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and even Prey. I'll bring 4 or 5 of my favorites and hopefully I'll have one that everyone wants to play.

FYI,

I have to work Saturday, technically from 6am to 6pm, but I'm going to try to leave quite a bit early so I can make it to this. That, and I have a birthday party I have to go to later, so I may not be able to stay for long. But I'd like to at least say hi, meet most of you guys, and get a fragfest goin. I graduated from RIT not too long ago, and I kinda miss the whole gaming/technology environment. Anyway, hope to see you there!

THOR

FYI,

I have to work Saturday, technically from 6am to 6pm, but I'm going to try to leave quite a bit early so I can make it to this. That, and I have a birthday party I have to go to later, so I may not be able to stay for long. But I'd like to at least say hi, meet most of you guys, and get a fragfest goin. I graduated from RIT not too long ago, and I kinda miss the whole gaming/technology environment. Anyway, hope to see you there!

THOR

Hey Thor,

Yeah, at least stop by if you can. Also might want to sign up for our BIG Oct LAN if you get a chance here.