Looking for a Socket 478 mb

PurSuiT

Yes dual core 6600. Do you have a link for the temp ranges then for the different steppings ? That would be supreme.

As for the OC yes when I go to do the OC's properly I run a couple of the aggressive stress testers including Prime95, popping them on before I go to bed at night and see how they ride overnight. However after all the research I knew the 6600 would ride in the 3-3.2 ghz range pretty easily and stably for most users. My initial OC was just a lets see if it will quick, and peek at the temps. I havent run into anything thats needed to push the cpu that hard yet on my new box so havent bothered getting too hardcore with it yet.

Crysis I know is gonna be a beast at it so mainly just preparing to up it when I start grabbing the new wave of games. Im in no hurry atm, lol.

Man anytime I see 6600 I think Q6600 since that's all I have been reading about... I have no idea what the temps are on a dual core 6600 but my quad core Q6600 will always run hotter apples to apples. Have you checked intel's site for what your recomended maximum safe running temps are? for the Q6600 B3 stepping it's 62.2°c when using full 105w of power. So when I'm running prime95 I try to make sure my load temps are around that... FSB, Voltage, Ambient air temps... take all of them into account, put on a white jacket w/ a pocket protector and you will feel like a scientist creating a scale based on Speed to Temperature output lol